rphys

rphys 8

I thought it may be related to lua startup, but I guess not. Unfortunately I have no clue why it crashes on your system. The only chance I could fix it is if you can provide a more detailed backtrace using gdb and the .debug binary.
Here are logs using gcore [PID to ./lsdl2srb2.debug] and gdb --quiet --core=[filename of generated core dump] --ex "set confirm off" --ex "backtrace full" --ex run --ex quit ./lsdl2srb2.debug.

Attachments

• SRB2_RPHYS_UBUNTU_20.04_GDB_LOG.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 57
  • SRB2_RPHYS_GENTOO_GDB_LOG.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Here are logs using gcore [PID to ./lsdl2srb2.debug] and gdb --quiet --core=[filename of generated core dump] --ex "set confirm off" --ex "backtrace full" --ex run --ex quit ./lsdl2srb2.debug.
Thank you, that is very helpful. I'm pretty sure the crash on Ubuntu should be fixed on branch rphys as of the latest commit just now. I'm uncertain if my fix did anything about the crash on Gentoo.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I'm pretty sure the crash on Ubuntu should be fixed on branch rphys as of the latest commit just now. I'm uncertain if my fix did anything about the crash on Gentoo.
Thanks, that resolved issue on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using updated "rphys" branch, but on Gentoo I still get SIGSEGV. Here is a new log for Gentoo.

Attachments

• SRB2_RPHYS_GENTOO_GDB_LOG.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 56
Wowie, now I can turn super by jumping and clicking-!
Jokes aside, I'm actually pretty happy this has holdfly....I used to see it almost as a nuisance, but now I've grown to have a soft spot for it.
Also, momentum mod that actually seems pretty competent and not slightly embellished by the use of "momentum" in its name, yes.
(No offense to XMomentum, that...is actually kinda cool, but the spring flipping is...eugh.)

Okay, maybe this isn't JUST a momentum mod...nor is it a mod at all, but an entire custom build. I read too fast, that's a stupid mistake on my end.

Katmint updated rphys with a new update entry:

Controls patch

So I discovered there's a bug with vanilla Automatic mode that made the controls not work correctly when facing forwards. Now that I noticed the probem existed I removed the janky workaround I had before and fixed the actual issue. The controls should be improved across the board now but especially in Automatic mode.

Changelog:
  • Fixed control jank described above
  • Amy was polished a bit
    • An animation was added for hitting things
    • The extended hitbox can pick up rings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

zzzzz.png
.-.

srb20063.gif

rolling into a wall and pressing spin as amy allows you to do a major boost upwards, idk if this is intended or not but if it isn't it should 100% be reworked into a ability.

View attachment 96643
rolling into a wall and pressing spin as amy allows you to do a major boost upwards, idk if this is intended or not but if it isn't it should 100% be reworked into a ability.
Oops, that's going to need a hotfix soon. It turns you cou can just double tap spin from standstill at any point to send Amy into orbit. It does give me an idea to add a wall interaction to the basic hammer attack though. I wanted to add one to the air ability but it made trying to hammer springs near walls incredibly annoying. The basic attack can only be used on the ground so it wouldn't have that issue.

Also the virus thing is a false positive as always. Custom SRB2 exes tend to trigger false positives a lot.

Katmint updated rphys with a new update entry:

Hotfix + Android version release

This mod is now available on Android. Since the apk is too big so I had to move the downloads to github. Just click on the button and pick rphys-windows.zip if you're on Windows and rphys-android.apk if you're on Android.

You do not need to uninstall the existing SRB2 app to use the Android version, Both can coexist on your device, though I recommend backing up gamedata.dat first just in case something weird happens.

Meanwhile, changelog:
  • Fixed an...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is fang supposed to slide when shooting

Attachments

• srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 55

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back