rphys

rphys 4b

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
Katmint updated rphys with a new update entry:

experimental android port

I compiled rphys v4 for Android, available here: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Neks8fVc7qZ9hKsAigDaa6lLlqCTQifl&export=download. You don't need to uninstall your existing srb2 app; rphys can coexist with it.

KNOWN ISSUE: The app will crash during startup 100% of the time on certain systems. This does not generate a crash log so I can't really fix it.

Note that the android build does not have uncapped, but does include UDMF.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Why does the game halve your added vertical momentum when jumping off a slope? It feels weird, like slope jumps don't take you as high as they should.

Morphized

Why does the game halve your added vertical momentum when jumping off a slope? It feels weird, like slope jumps don't take you as high as they should.
I think it does that by default because there's not much vertical traversal in the base game. Doom maps are wide and short, with floors over floors being a) relatively new, and b) really hard to implement beyond more than two levels. Halving the vertical momentum is a good way to make the player focus on what's ahead of them instead of what's above them.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
The slopes halving momentum is only in vanilla, not this. Slope jumps lose a bit of verticality compared to launching in rphys but it's a necessary restriction due to it being absolutely absurd otherwise. It also makes running down a slope and jumping not completely delete your jump like it otherwise would.

Also while I'm here have a fun trick you can do with Amy:
srb20001.gif

Release jump to cancel the stomp right after hitting an enemy for the max possible boost. Just don't do it too early or you'll take damage.

(also the new marios bros version that just released breaks horribly in rphys, will attempt to fix that in the next update)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)