Rovenami Pack

[Level Pack] Rovenami Pack V1.6.1

Rovenami

Rovenami submitted a new resource:

Rovenami Pack - An out of this world racing experience

Presenting my very first map pack, I call it the "Rovenami Pack". The pack currently has four courses of varying difficulty. Here's hoping that you guys enjoy and be on the look out for more tracks in the future.​

Special thanks to Professor Renderer and Mocha for initially helping me out when I started making Kart tracks.
Community Resource Pack: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/community-resources.26841/
Playtesters for Central City: RetroStation, kpdiddy, doodle and Used Napkin

Central City...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Everything checks out, welcome to releases! I think some of the tracks would honestly benefit if they were a little bit more wider because some of these turns are super tight. Especially the one right off the jump in Temple of Zoom. Could be a skill issue on my end but those tight hallways could present some issues with multiple racers knowing Kart's physics when you bump into other people.

Everything checks out, welcome to releases! I think some of the tracks would honestly benefit if they were a little bit more wider because some of these turns are super tight. Especially the one right off the jump in Temple of Zoom. Could be a skill issue on my end but those tight hallways could present some issues with multiple racers knowing Kart's physics when you bump into other people.
I disagree it being a skill issue on your end, with how tight the track gets in Temple of Zoom and Artica Snow Base its impossible to avoid well placed mines without going off the track. Road Widths are usually 768 to 1024 fracunits wide which should give players enough space to avoid mines and not have too much trouble taking turns (EDIT: especially for heavyweights) without making the track feel boring.

kart0696.gif

Temple of Zoom: In the GIF above and below this the dark part of the road is offroad, I am not sure if this is unintentional or not but its one of the places where a mine is impossible to avoid.

kart0697.gif

Artica Snow Base: There is a segment where the track is slightly hard to figure out where the road and offroad is from the darkness of it, this is followed up by a turn that is impossible to see coming unless you know beforehand. I do like the 3 way split at the start though, its neat!

kart0698.gif

Arcturus Asteroid: There seems to be no offroad in this map even where you would expect there to be. The item set leading up to this part in the GIF is obstructing a turn so I recommend pulling it back away from the turns

kart0701.gif

Central City: The boost pads should be the 128 x 128 ones instead of the 64 x 64 ones. in the green water area its really hard to make out the boost pads in the water on top on not being able to get on the sidewalk. The ramp sector (double step up/down) effect might work but apparently it ignores items like orbis.

kart0693.gif

I would also recommend changing areas with 255 brightness to 224 brightness to increase wall contrast. it also seems like Central City and Arcturus Asteroid have misaligned minimaps.
Overall, a good start, just needs some refinement and some fixes.

Last edited:
Rovenami updated Rovenami Pack with a new update entry:

V1.1

Central City:
  • Doubled boost panel size
  • Made boost panels in green water area more noticeable
  • Added pit at final hairpin corner
Arctica Snow Base:
  • Widened certain sections of the course
  • Adjusted lighting in cavern section
  • Added arrows before sharp 90 degree corner
Temple of Zoom:
  • Shaded dirt path no longer slows opponent
  • Reworked last outdoor section
  • Redid alternate path of water section
  • Widened path in cave section
  • Slight...

Read the rest of this update entry...

V1.2

Central City:
  • Added death pit action over last section
  • Reworked minimap
Arctica Snow Base:
  • Widened indoor cave section
  • Added arrow texture towards last corner
Temple Of Zoom:
  • Reworked alternate route in waterfall section
  • Added water ambience
  • Further widened last outdoor section
Arcturus Asteroid:
  • Added low gravity in asteroid section
  • Added more craters of varying size in asteroid section
  • Visual changes in...

Hello. This regards version 1.2 of your map pack.
Looks like you're having issues with waypoints and starposts on your maps. Waypoints help determine a player's position in the pack and a player's item that will be rolled. Starposts determine the rotation a player will face when respawning.
- Waypoints are missing or set up incorrectly on all maps.
- Starposts' rotations need to be tweaked to face the player in the right direction when respawning.

Fixing these will get rid of "garbage data" given for player position and weird behavior like invincibility given to a player in 1st place.

I'd check out Kart Krew's Checkpoint and Waypoint Tutorial on their discord. I'll attach a pdf copy here though.

Attachments

• Kart Krew™’s Checkpoint and Waypoint Tutorial.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 341

V1.3

Central City:
  • Updated checkpoints/waypoints and slight texture changes.
Arctica Snow Base:
  • Updated checkpoint/waypoint changes.
Temple of Zoom:
Arcturus Asteroid:
  • Geometry changes to accommodate low-gravity section.
  • Added alternate route in low gravity section.

Thought I'd give a status report, got around to working on an update as I type this. The current iteration of Central City shall be re-themed, I have something different in mind for Central City. Every other track in the pack will get at least a face-lift in some way.

V1.4

Major update:

MAPAS:
Central City is now Milligan Cave.
Central City will be reworked and re-added in a future update.

Arctica Snow Base:
Reworked the uphill section for a more natural course flow compared to V1.3

Temple of Zoom:
Slight tweaks and added more track hazards

Arcturus Asteroid:
Touched up some of the opening indoor section and majorly reworked the outdoor asteroid section leading to the hangar area.

NEW TRACK:
Aqueous Anomoly (MAPAW)

V1.6

Major Update:

NEW TRACKS:

Central City (Reworked)
Bramble Mines (Brand Spankin' New!)

Milligan Cave:
Rearranged item box placements
Cosmetic tweaks
Ramp jump changed into spring jump

Arctica Snow Base:
Fixed a memecut exploit
Slight geometry tweaks

Temple of Zoom:
Geometry changes entering the temple

Arcturus Asteroid:
Geometry changes in the hangar section
Added sound effects

Aqueous Anomaly:
Geometry changes after first jump
Cosmetic changes
Ramp jump changed to yellow spring...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back