Robiblast: The Tale of Robi MK2 (R1_2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Robiblast: The Tale of Robi MK2
Here is the tale of a robotic hero, a shining light in a world of near-apocalypse...

Yeah, it's a game.

Story: No one remembers what year it was when the Protective Military Force attempted to take over planet Sunair, the only refuge of the remaining humans. Though everyone remembers what happened...

It was eight months before the crisis when it all started. The PMF's space fleet and orbital Guardian were defending Sunair against consistent alien attacks. Even though their attacks were relentless, the PMF ultimately defeated them each time. But, after the discovery of an alien egg on Sunair, they were worried over possible internal destruction. Simply defending the outside was not enough to prevent total wipeout of the human race. So, a scientest named Dr. Kenrobi began working on a project that would help defend the ground without forcing every remaining human to join the PMF. His project took two months to finish; a staggering rate for such a large project. He called it, the "ROBI" soldier, which he hoped would be used for defending Sunair and not to obliterate life.
Enter the dark side of PMF. After an unknown death of the PMF's leader, a new tyrant came to order. "Finally, I have been waiting for this moment!" was what a few guards in the Leader's Chamber claimed he mumbled when he sat in the throne. The new leader, Terrence, ordered that the ROBI soldier be cloned and used to create a massive army. Although this worried many PMF members because of economic issues in the force, they did as he said. Nobody had known the hell he would set down on Sunair.
One month before the "Truth". Dr. Kenrobi had already known of Terrence's evil intentions, and began producing a more advanced model that could take down an army of ROBI MK1s or an army of aliens. Unlike ROBI MK2's counterparts, who were armed with high-accuracy rifles, MK2 was armed with a small pistol and the ability to manipulate objects from afar. This would allow MK2 to be an unstoppable force, hopefuly.
The day MK2 was activated, Kenrobi was killed by assassins most likely sent by Terrence shortly after. MK2 was unsure of the reason of his creation, and set out to find the wrong things in the world and set those right. This means, defeating PMF and the aliens and bringing peace to a once-peaceful planet again.

Controls:
As of release 1_2
Arrow keys = Move
Z = Jump
X = Shoot
C = Activate PKen

Downloads:
Release 1 V1 - Released only on IRC
Release 1 V2 - Newest Version

Screenshots:
Release 1 V2

Changelog:
The changelog will be created and uploaded once Release 2 is finished.

Credits:
Various Sound Effects (C)SEGA, Sonic Team 2000-2006
Robi Concept was created by Furyhunter.
Story was created by Furyhunter.
"Forest Apocalypse" music is from Mega Man ZX, and the MIDI is from VGMusic.

Two friends from school, who have followed my Robi concept since I first created the doodle on a problem set in Math. I wouldn't have the motivation to create this whole thing if it weren't for them. They also have projects for their own doodle characters, which I will be publishing them elsewhere for them, and once all of them are finished I will put them on my website as a "Trinity" project.

Posting in this topic:
It is entirely acceptable to post here, ofcourse, and you may critisize anything or suggest anything, as long as they are socially acceptable here. Saying "OMG THIS GAME SUCKS U NED MOAR 3D GRAFIX" doesn't help at all :/

Last minute information:
Designed in Game Maker 6.1 Registered completely from scratch and in GML. The only code references from other GM creations are from Damizean's First GM attempt for the collision code (this took me an hour to fix for some reason :( ), and Damizean's Sonic 360 engine for paralex.
Robi was originally a doodle I just drew out of boredom. As you can probably tell by the sprite..

I have actually tested this game before and I must say, I am surprised with how it turned out.
I like the concept of the game and plus the PK ability to move things with your mind, That was fun.

This game looks GREAT!

Not bad, Fury!
Just about my only complaint is accidentally crushing yourself while using the neat PKen thing. It's far too easy to hit yourself with a crate while doing it. I did it to myself twice before finding a glitch.
Crates will pass through him if he jumps, then does the PKen thing.
Even after that, I ended up slamming myself in the head with a crate a few more times.
How about just having the little guy block the crate's movement while he's PKening it, but still have him get crushed if one falls on him while he's not PKening it?

And how about having a key that changes target to the next available on-screen crate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back