Ripped Sprites in Skulltag

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa when I thought this thread came back it was ash trying to flame agian can this be locked

ps strikerman I can't wait for the tails class to be complete :3

Actually, they custom made most to all sprites and textures. And if he needs Sega's permission to use Sonic, wouldn't you?

SRB2 is a fangame. It's not like the creators of any Sonic fangame would have to ask for SEGA's permission to use Sonic - just as long as say that Sonic is the property of SEGA, though...

Suka said:
SSN, did YOU ask SEGA permission to use their sprites, textures and Sonic at all?!

Wow. SSNTails didn't use their sprites or textures at all. Except maybe some green hill stuff, oh and don't forget Metal Harbor's music...

SEGA seems to take use of the Sonic characters and stuff pretty lightly, so I doubt that is an issue.

Go check out Sonic Adventure Online or Ashura Dark Reign, they use some model parts from the Dreamcast/Gamecube sonic games, at least SA:Online does, AFAIK, Ashura iirc uses all original models.

They are extremely good projects, I suggest you check them out. :) Ashura Dark Reign even has a downloadable tech demo, which is actually quite well done. Neither project has gotten a C&D letter or anything.

Well, I got to try the Skulltag pack.

Not really sure what the point is of having Tails in it though. It doesn't seem like he fits - everything else is totally non-Sonic themed.

If you are looking for sprites to use, I'd suggest Sonic Doom or Sonic Doom 2 ( http://www.ssntails.org/vidgames.htm )

SSNTails said:
Well, I got to try the Skulltag pack.

Not really sure what the point is of having Tails in it though. It doesn't seem like he fits - everything else is totally non-Sonic themed.

If you are looking for sprites to use, I'd suggest Sonic Doom or Sonic Doom 2 ( http://www.ssntails.org/vidgames.htm )

Well, he doesn't fit currently of course. But the idea I had, is something sorta of a similar concept to a Smash Bros environment, you got different characters with different abilities, in an all out deathmatch, fighting to prove who's best.

Currently only the normal DoomGuy and Tails exist of course, But I plan on turning my Link Skin(The only good character sprite I have ever made...*sigh*) Into a unique class instead of a skin for DoomGuy, and I may do others, such as Lo Wang, Duke, or Corvus from Heretic.

It's just an interesting concept instead of using a bunch of random skin sprites that mask over the standard player, have each skin turned into a class, with unique abilities, sort of like some skins in SRB2 Work.

EDIT: BTW, I finally got Spin-Dash coded, seemed to turn out well. It is triggered by a new console command bound to a key, which activates a custom inventory item, which in the end triggers an ACS Script, finally causing the calling player's state to be sent to "Spin" state, in which thrust is applied, and a blanket of radius damage surrounds the calling player as he dashes at his/her target.

Oh, and a Greenflower zone map is planned soon, made from scratch. I think I also have a solution for the lack of FOF, since ST now has support for 3DMidTextures, think collapsing terrain like in the 2D Sonic Games for the Sega Genesis, or Super Sonic Doom.

They changed the name, it wasn't branched off. Supposedly it is gonna mix the storylines and characters from both the games, and the comics. Noted by the fact that Sally Acorn is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back