Ring Racers Custom music

Bifiankin

Dear Ring Racers Community.
I was curious about modding custom music into the Sound Test, or either adding alternative music to Ring Racers that isn’t in the game yet.
I have not much coding experience, but I’m willing to learn how to get this to work, because in the game’s files, most of the music tracks were just “file” types, while some were OGG. I presume there is some code in the music files I would need to fiddle with, something to do with the loops of the song and unlocking criteria. If anyone knows what application or tool I would need to view the file and it’s data, rather than dragging the file into Audacity to just listen to it, that would be great to know.

In summary; is there any methods of adding custom music to the Sound Test or someway to make an add-on which can replace existing music tracks in the files? Or should I wait until there is a tool like the Kartmaker that can make the process easier? I know that Ring Racers is fairly new, so much of the community hasn’t had that much time to play around with the new files, so if this is currently an impossible task, thats ok.

The reason I became interested in this is because i wanted to replace the-
Death Egg’s
-track music to John Tay’s S&K alternate version, as it felt really fitting for one of the longest tracks in the game.
Here’s a link to the song, it’s really good:

Thanks, hope I not clogging up this forum with my questions. I might come back here again to look at making tracks for RR, who knows.
Bifiankin

If you just want to replace music, then you can just give it the same file name as of the one you want to replace.
(For a looping of the song there is this guide) https://mb.srb2.org/addons/how-to-properly-loop-your-music.3049/

For crediting in sound test you need to create a MUSICDEF
The way you format it is like this

Sonic Object Configuration (SOC):
Lump EXAMPL
Title = Music Name
Author = Author
Source = source of the music
Original Composers = example stuff
Volume = 100

Source, Original Compisers and Volume are optional and can be skipped.

You can add custom music that does not replaces anything, but currently the only way you can use it is either for custom maps, or play it through a Sound Test

If you just want to replace music, then you can just give it the same file name as of the one you want to replace.
(For a looping of the song there is this guide) https://mb.srb2.org/addons/how-to-properly-loop-your-music.3049/

For crediting in sound test you need to create a MUSICDEF
The way you format it is like this

Sonic Object Configuration (SOC):
Lump EXAMPL
Title = Music Name
Author = Author
Source = source of the music
Original Composers = example stuff
Volume = 100

Source, Original Compisers and Volume are optional and can be skipped.

You can add custom music that does not replaces anything, but currently the only way you can use it is either for custom maps, or play it through a Sound Test
Ok, ill have a look into this tonight, I spent a while in the game files trying to find the song file for the track I wanted to change the song for, as all the songs were named with the abbreviation of the track name so I went around the “music” PK3 folder for
“DEZ” (Death Egg Zone)
, but I couldn’t find it, even though that was the abbreviation of the track in the texture folder. Maybe im blind, or I just couldn't find the song.

I will probably use the sound test idea first though. but adding content into the game files, not as an addon, would that effect my ability to play online? I’ve been mainly playing with CPUs, but just want to check.

Ok, ill have a look into this tonight, I spent a while in the game files trying to find the song file for the track I wanted to change the song for, as all the songs were named with the abbreviation of the track name so I went around the “music” PK3 folder for
“DEZ” (Death Egg Zone)
, but I couldn’t find it, even though that was the abbreviation of the track in the texture folder. Maybe im blind, or I just couldn't find the song.

I will probably use the sound test idea first though. but adding content into the game files, not as an addon, would that effect my ability to play online? I’ve been mainly playing with CPUs, but just want to check.
I think you should be looking for the level's map number (MAPXX) instead of its name (XXZ) you should be able to find this by opening the console when you start the race

At least that's how it works in srb2

“DEZ” (Death Egg Zone)

the name of the lump is O_KMAPDE
Im not sure about online (i dont have internet for the pc yet), but usually editing game files causes game to be unable to read them (that doesnt seems to be the case for music.pk3 though, but still better to have some kind of backup, or installer)

IMG_2991.jpeg

Thanks to your help, im going to be a threat online. This is amazing. Thank you so much for your help in this thread! I was able to replace some of the track songs as well! :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back