Remembering Sonic Omens in 2023

Yeah, it wasn't because it was not about the actual game itself
I don't care about the profiting over thing
I only care about what's your thoughts on the actual game itself!
How do I put this lightly?
uh.... no one gives a fuck about the game itself at this point

At one point of time, this fangame used to one of the most praised fan games of all time, people were saying that this fan game was the best out of any other sonic fan game, some people went as far as to call it the best sonic game in general. Now, you wouldn't catch anyone actually liking or talking about this fan game at all, why is that?

Its because of the creator trying to profit off of it. That lead to alot of people putting taking off their "sega hire this man" caps and actually looked at this fan game for more then 10 seconds. Once that happened, the hundreds of leaks and cracks stared to spill out, and then youtubers got at it and now, its one of the most hated fan games of them all. If the creator didn't try to profit off of it, then it would still be bad of course, but then people wouldn't care about it enough to call it bad publicity/on youtube, this could have very well have been a "hidden "gem"" of the 100s of sonic fan games, but because of that one little detail, its one of the most hated sonic fan games. So this profiting thing clearly effected how people looked at the game

Why would someone want to play a fan game that was not only trying to get profit, but also has 100+ reasons on why it sucks because of this negative publicity? Exactly why no one cares about it anymore.

How do I put this lightly?
uh.... no one gives a fuck about the game itself at this point

At one point of time, this fangame used to one of the most praised fan games of all time, people were saying that this fan game was the best out of any other sonic fan game, some people went as far as to call it the best sonic game in general. Now, you wouldn't catch anyone actually liking or talking about this fan game at all, why is that?

Its because of the creator trying to profit off of it. That lead to alot of people putting taking off their "sega hire this man" caps and actually looked at this fan game for more then 10 seconds. Once that happened, the hundreds of leaks and cracks stared to spill out, and then youtubers got at it and now, its one of the most hated fan games of them all. If the creator didn't try to profit off of it, then it would still be bad of course, but then people wouldn't care about it enough to call it bad publicity/on youtube, this could have very well have been a "hidden "gem"" of the 100s of sonic fan games, but because of that one little detail, its one of the most hated sonic fan games. So this profiting thing clearly effected how people looked at the game

Why would someone want to play a fan game that was not only trying to get profit, but also has 100+ reasons on why it sucks because of this negative publicity? Exactly why no one cares about it anymore.
that's your opinion

Sonic Omens is a really interesting case.Graphics are really nice,and the plot is interesting.However, the problem is that even though yes, cutscenes,the story and music are alright, the difficulty cant be described.

Especially the Tornado levels, where in one of them you cant see a giant bird-thing enemy infront of you,causing you to get hit. There are also waaay many death pits,more than Scrap Brain had in Sonic 1. Also,i dont really like the Chris from the Sonic X show fanon,as its kinda weird seeing Chris being on Mobius and not on Earth somehow.

But the biggest issue was obviously,the controversy. During the development of Omens,there were controversies surounding the voice cast,which i dont really know about. But this game also had issues with Sega themselves,as a Demo version of Omens had to be PAID.

One of the rules Sega gave to Sonic fangame community in 2017 was that the fan projects will remain untouched and they can use any material from any of the official game,but those fan games musnt be made for profit. However,Sonic Omens didnt respected that rule and made the Demo version needed to be buyed.

Overall,while graphics and presentation look alright,the game suffers from hard level design,difficult bosses and big controversy.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back