Redownloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Headdesk* I hate it when people are saying this is a virus. Parents, n00bs, anyone, I just want to come and strangle them! *sigh*
Your parents are overprotective of the computer. Yes, THE COMPUTER!

I password protect my laptop, so my parent's don't scramble through everything on my hard drive in a paranoid fashion, I don't have anything "Objectionable" on my hard drive anyway. If i ever download anything i scan it with Avast anti-virus.

Sky Ninja said:
*Headdesk* I hate it when people are saying this is a virus. Parents, n00bs, anyone, I just want to come and strangle them! *sigh*
Your parents are overprotective of the computer. Yes, THE COMPUTER!

My mom dosen't use the computer so I don't have to worry.

Shes lucky that Im letting her use my cpu.And, my mom dosent say anything for now.Also, I need a new graphic card.Where going to memphis to see mycousins.Anyone no where to get a graphic card from?

SuperSonicStar* said:
Shes lucky that Im letting her use my cpu.And, my mom dosent say anything for now.Also, I need a new graphic card.Where going to memphis to see mycousins.Anyone no where to get a graphic card from?
Best buy, Office max, Micro center, i could go on but i wont. also, add spaces after period's.Cuz.Its.Annoying.When.You.Dont.

Sonicz antiviruzz scanzing ur compy
scan found 1 tread: sonicanti.exe. wouls u liek to delete this?
YES
BOOM! 0\/\/n3|)
but really virus with srb2? never. get a freaking Memorex Travel drive. plug it to your comp & put this game into the drive. then unplug it & hide it in a place where your mom cant find it. then when shes out, get it & plug it into your comp & pley it. then unplug it if she get to your room & hide it... again..

Honestly, I think your parents are just trying to keep something they know virtually nothing about from destroying a possibly very expensive/important computer. Show them the forums and let them do virus scans of the self-extractor themselves. Don't do stuff without their permission, it only makes things worse. I know that Viruses(not sure about spy-ware) can't do anything until they're executed, so it's OK to download the file, scan it and see if it's safe.
Do you happen to have a habit of destroying/breaking things? If so, they probably don't have any reason to trust you with the computer in the first place. You can forget playing SRB2 normally until you ask them to find you a cheap refurbished PC for your birthday or Christmas. The average refurbished PC you can buy today is more than capable of handling SRB2, usually in the 150-200$ range. I bought this Vista PC I'm typing from right now off of Tiger-Direct for less than 220$.

Of course, they'd need to scan the file with something that isn't paranoid about stuff. AVG, for example...

Is there really a virus scanner out there that identifies SRB2 as a virus? If so, which scanner, and which file does it say has a virus in it? I'll go talk to the company about it if I have the info.

SSNTails said:
Is there really a virus scanner out there that identifies SRB2 as a virus? If so, which scanner, and which file does it say has a virus in it? I'll go talk to the company about it if I have the info.
This has been answered before in the FAQs forum.
Arrow said:
Q. Why is my antivirus program saying there's a virus in my SRB2 exe? Is there?

A. No there is not. Some antivirus and antispyware checkers (Pest Patrol is a good example) see a program that uses encryption of any type and get paranoid when they can't tell what exactly is encrypted (if anything), and will treat it like a trojan, regardless of whether it is or not. And it's not. So tell your virus checker to ignore any SRB2 files in the future and you won't have any more problems.
His parents probably thought SRB2 was a virus because of a crappy virus scanner. If so, they need to get some REAL anti-virus protection. AVG is a good(and free) Anti-Virus program, I used their software before. Spyware Terminator is a good anti-spyware program worth mentioning, it cleaned out and removed back-door trojans on one of my previous PCs that Windows Defender couldn't even detect, but Defender seems to perform equally as well on Vista though.

Hey um, thats a girl and shes my sister.But yes Mom hates downloading, and she looks through everything we go through.One time she just deleted srb2 and we asked why she said.

Mom: Its a virus honey, just go find another game to play that you dont have to download.

Shadamy and Me: Why!?

Mom: Because its a virus!

Me: No its not!

Shadamy: Give it a try then.

I dont know if this is allowed and might be banned, but thats the truth.She really did do that, she dosent like us downloading but she does download.

Hero said:
Hey um, thats a girl and shes my sister.But yes Mom hates downloading, and she looks through everything we go through.One time she just deleted srb2 and we asked why she said.

Mom: Its a virus honey, just go find another game to play that you dont have to download.

I dont know if this is alowed and might be banned, but thats the truth.She really did do that, she dosent like us downloading but she does download.

That is interesting.

Dark Warrior said:
Of course, they'd need to scan the file with something that isn't paranoid about stuff. AVG, for example...

Yep. AVG is good for a free software. I use Sophos, because it came prepacked, it's fully updated, and it doesn't say SRB2 is a virus. I'll even send screenshots when I get home. (If I remember.) Note to parents: If in doubt, ask around and scan with more software.

What about the srb2jte supervirus? *shot*. Kidding, as if anyone doesn't know thats not a real virus. So yeah, redownload. It has no viruses, and I think youre moms being too paranoid.

Chaos Knux said:
AVG doesn't detect SRB2, DW. At least... not my copy.
Which is what I was saying...

Hero said:

I dont know if this is allowed and might be banned, but thats the truth.She really did do that, she dosent like us downloading but she does download.

Here's a point that I've pressed with people who say that, and it generally tends to work.
Everything you see online is downloaded. No two ways about it. Also, games that you "don't have to download" more often have malware than games you're going to find on legitimate sites.

Dark Warrior said:

Yeah, and parents find games that you dont have to download fun and interesting. Games like Srb2 and other downloadble games are really fun. Most of the ones you dont have to download really are boring.

Shadamy-Angel said:
Thats how my Mom is...man what do parents thank in therw mind...
If your parents have prevented you from playing games then stop whining. They pay for your food, your clothes everything. They do not have to talk crap from you. Of course this does not mean that I don't want me to put my foot in their mouth for giving false information. If she is paranoid go put the game in a virtual machine and prove it, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back