Recording devices(also how do you record sound in srb2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Well,I cant do fraps since its only 30 seconds.I dont know how to record sound on hypercam(I saw the tutorials) and it has bad graphics and cant see words.So Im asking what other recording devices work/I could use.Thats free.

Edit:I read the tutorials and everything but it seems it records everything on my computer except srb2.Is it a special option to record sound on srb2 or what?

As far as I know, Fraps is the only real screen recording program that "just works". Not to mention, it's much faster for recording when it comes to DirectX and OpenGL recording. The catch is that it can only record those.

You can send a live link to what is happening on your screen thorugh MSN. I'm sure there must be a way to save it. I have absolutely no proof, mainly because this is just speculation, but it may be a possibility.

josh the hedgehog said:
IS their something that doesnt cost any money?I cant use fraps because of the 30 secs thing.

Do you have Windows Movie Maker? You can import al your 30 second videos together.

I'd still recommend buying Fraps, neat tool.

Hypercam records pretty good quality videos, and sound, unless your computer doesn't have Contex Audio like mine doesn't. *kicks computer*

Sky Ninja said:
Hypercam records pretty good quality videos, and sound, unless your computer doesn't have Contex Audio like mine doesn't. *kicks computer*

Im trying to show my friends Srb2.But they dont want to download it.SO I was thinking of making a video for them.I tryed doing hypercam but mine has very bad quality.Then I tryed to record sound and didnt work.(which is my new topic question)

Fraps would be the absolute best for SRB2. Unfortunately there's not much else that is better, because of the processing-intensity that software screen-recording is. As Foxblitzz stated, Fraps directly records from DirectX/OpenGL, which is generally much faster since it can be supported by the hardware itself instead of just relying on the system processor.

furyhunter600 said:
Fraps would be the absolute best for SRB2. Unfortunately there's not much else that is better, because of the processing-intensity that software screen-recording is. As Foxblitzz stated, Fraps directly records from DirectX/OpenGL, which is generally much faster since it can be supported by the hardware itself instead of just relying on the system processor.

But the thing is,for fraps.Can it record sound on srb2.Ive been only be able just to record sound on regular websites not games.

Yes, it can.

Only thing is, whenever you try to load a scene on Windows Movie maker, it crashes. Then again might be me(If it is me, does anyone know how I can fix it?).

*accendently deleted post*

Well,do you need to do something to record on srb2 or is it normal of recording anything online,or my conmputer.

Get fraps, install it, when the program is done installing, open it and go under the "movie" tab. Look for the hotkey/keyboard shortcut, go into srb2 with fraps still running, there should be numbers in one of the corners, press the button it says to, and there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back