Recent versions of SRB2 having performance issues.

MrBoingBD

"Just a guy who loves adventure!"
Is it just me? Or has recent builds been having some performance issues lately.

I have a pretty good computer. and its not a cheap or crappy pc by anymeans.

And having a few mods just brings you too borderline unplayable state sometimes.

I'm looking at you chaotix pack.

I'm not slandering the game or modding.

i mean, if talking about mods, that depends solely on the mods themselves, thought most are laggy, theres still a lot of character mods or maps that dont need to have a Lua running a check every few tics, adding extra load to your game, making it slower than usual.

I recommend you do something, in order to know who lags and who doesnt, and you will need this, because some mods while not obvious at first glance, they might be adding a lot of load already, the enough for you to be running tight with resources for Srb2.

Theres a command called "perfstats" that checks all of the basic stuff and more, that srb2 has, like actions and such.
If you put the value "1" on that command, at the very bottom of that info block that appears on the left upper corner, you might see a value called "gamelogic" this is the overall ammount of stuff happening at once.

If you want to know which mod might lag or not, just check if a mod goes over 3-4k Gamelogic, if it does, use it at your own risk, because you might be going tight with the pc resources for the game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back