Ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic said:
There are no ranks displayed on the SRB2 forum for a reason. We don't need e-peen inflation for something stupid like post count. That's also the reason why we don't display your post count anywhere but in your profile. It's simply not important information.

If you want a cool rank or people to like you, I suggest making something interesting or accomplishing something, not posting a bunch of crap on the forums.

Well, thats true. It takes to much space, and would take along time writing. But that would be pretty good, blah, I'll do it.

Ill put everyones name on my website and yes this is issued to come out next Feburary. And im not trying to make people like im just asking for options...

Cue said:
Kitsune said:
You want status images? Put them in your avatar then, because adding them to the forum would no doubt lower the max avatar size even more.
Max avatar size is a value the admins choose. It would only lower it if the admins want it to.

Sky Ninja said:
Cue said:
Kitsune said:
You want status images? Put them in your avatar then, because adding them to the forum would no doubt lower the max avatar size even more.
Max avatar size is a value the admins choose. It would only lower it if the admins want it to.

*facedesk*

That's what I said, you just misread it, I was referring to how Mystic would lower the max size. I do know how phpbb works you know, I had to do a load of research on the workings of message boards a while back.

How about medals? We could use them for contest winners. As for ranks I would recommend only use them for staff members. It might help newbies to find the staff.

Little off topic, but hey, yeah, it's coming along nicely, I just started work on a template engine, so 99% of the HTML content is in the database now. I've only put the engine into the news system though.

JRose said:
How about medals? We could use them for contest winners. As for ranks I would recommend only use them for staff members. It might help newbies to find the staff.

I point you to this...

Mystic said:
There are no ranks displayed on the SRB2 forum for a reason. We don't need e-peen inflation for something stupid like post count. That's also the reason why we don't display your post count anywhere but in your profile. It's simply not important information.

If you want a cool rank or people to like you, I suggest making something interesting or accomplishing something, not posting a bunch of crap on the forums.

Cue said:
*facedesk*

That's what I said, you just misread it, I was referring to how Mystic would lower the max size. I do know how phpbb works you know, I had to do a load of research on the workings of message boards a while back.
Yes, but you worded it in a manner as to say it would automatically change.

Sky Ninja said:
Cue said:
*facedesk*

Yes, but you worded it in a manner as to say it would automatically change.

It might as well, it'd save Mystic a few clicks. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back