Randomize Characters Every Time You Collect A Ring

Randomize Characters Every Time You Collect A Ring 1

This is pretty fun! Definitely helps spice up platforming sometimes. The only complaint I have is that if you're Super, the ring drain makes you change character, which wouldn't be a problem except some characters (E.G: Fang) would force you out of your Super Form (even with mods to allow them to transform) so you have to recollect your rings and transform again.

Aside from that minor annoyance, this is blast to play with and makes playthroughs pretty interesting!

EDIT: Seems like it can cause a game crash, as shown by this gif (as I was recording an example, the game crashed)
srb20003.gif

Last edited:
This is pretty fun! Definitely helps spice up platforming sometimes. The only complaint I have is that if you're Super, the ring drain makes you change character, which wouldn't be a problem except some characters (E.G: Fang) would force you out of your Super Form (even with mods to allow them to transform) so you have to recollect your rings and transform again.

Aside from that minor annoyance, this is blast to play with and makes playthroughs pretty interesting!

EDIT: Seems like it can cause a game crash, as shown by this gif (as I was recording an example, the game crashed)
srb20003.gif
im gonna see what i can do about this issue, thank u for letting me know about this !

I found a fix to the super form problem
Replace this
addHook("PlayerThink",function(p)
if p.mo and p.mo.valid then
if p.rings ~= p.previousring then p.previousring = p.rings local randomskin = P_RandomRange(0, p.skincount) R_SetPlayerSkin(p, randomskin)
end
end
end)

With this

addHook("PlayerThink",function(p)
if p.mo and p.mo.valid then
if p.rings < p.previousring then p.previousring = p.rings
local randomskin = P_RandomRange(0, p.skincount) R_SetPlayerSkin(p, randomskin)
elseif p.rings > p.previousring
p.previousring = p.rings
end
end
end)

And that should work
Sorry if it’s a bit squished

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back