*raises hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitfox

is it just me, or do the characters look like they're from paper mario? I mean, the aren't true 3-D, they're false 3-D... I suppose that makes them easier to make. And it's actually a cool thing... but I mean... did you guys mean to have them look like that?

Also, the friction thing bothers me. Is there some way to increase the friction? I mean I like going fast and all... but I don't like having to wait 2 minutes to come to a complete stop without jumping...

oh! and! About making character WADs... I know I know, I should go check a FAQ or something... but are they hard to make, and hard to learn? Is it an over-night to learn, make the char in a day like some cheap modding things, or is it more of a takes years to learn, takes weeks to make characters like the advanced mods?

They aren't 3D, they're sprites. Back in days of old, back when Doom was the cool new FPS, 3D models weren't used for characters or.. pretty much anything else. Just sprites.
Making characters is rather easy. Making levels is what takes tons of practice.

character wads are not hard to make and doesn't take long. You have to draw your character in 5 angles and for each animation. You have to draw them in mspaint or what ever you use then insert them in XWE.

First of all, it IS mean't to look sprited, I find that it looks VERY good, and it works well for slow computers

Not sure about fricton

But character making is hard to do (Atleast I think)

Ask someone who makes good wads

Try hitting the backpedal if you need to stop quickly. It's not stop on a dime, but you didn't stop quickly in the original Sonic games either.

Mystic said:
Try hitting the backpedal if you need to stop quickly. It's not stop on a dime*snip*

Unless you're stopping from a thok, for some reason. I don't understand how Sonic doesn't just trip and roll off the edge of those dammed Silver Cavern platforms the way he stops on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back