Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peruant

Well I got a bit more familar with the game , but still troubles me with certain things. It's not the wads or anything ,but rather my computer that runs it. I want to point these questions:

1) I got something in the log about the sound saying
"Invalid 320x??? could not work" something of that sort.

What could be affecting the whole thing?

2) What do I do to add another stage to the game? I've already check the Wiki and doesn't cover adding stages.

When you refer to "adding stages," do you mean external wads, making your own levels, or making stuff pop out of think air?

Sound Problems ( NOT referring to music/sfx wads )

Okay that's one of questions answered. Now about the first question about the sound . I checked the log file in Notepad and got this:

-Volume control
I_SetMusicVolume: couldn't set volume
An invalid parameter was passed to a system function.

Something about the video resolution. Not sure what it means.

WARNING: Resolution is not aspect-correct!
Use a multiple of 320x200

Those messages always come up. MIDI playback has always had b0rked volume, and SRB2 was designed to use a weird aspect-ratio for the screen and complains whenever you use a more conventional screen resolution. Don't worry about it.

Well that clears up the "Maybe it's the computer's sound or video card" notion of mine.

So should I change something in the config, or just replace the MIDIs with other music formats?

No, it has to do with initialization routines. By default, SRB2 will play OGG music, though it defaults to MIDI when you run a map that only has a MIDI song, and not an OGG version. MIDI, OGG, and Module playback are all initiated at the start so that they can be used when necessary. Like I said, just ignore the message. It's an issue in the game's code. It just means you won't be able to adjust MIDI music in-game when you do hear it (though I believe you can change it through the Windows Volume Control).

Sound Problems ( NOT referring to music/sfx wads )

Forgive me for not really comprehending the whole subject.

Some good news now, I messed with the settings of Volume Control and that message doesn't pop up, but no song period. All I hear is sound flickering.

Now I checked SRB2 on my brother's computer and it works perfectly, with everything working.

I also checked in XWE and the midis work there, just not in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back