• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Questions about socs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't add pictures to SOC files. You add them to your WAD file and point to them in your SOC.

So this is interesting... When I wanted to use other pictures or models I always replaced some of those already existing ones. Might anyone explain how to point to them with a soc?
If I want to have an enemy a custom sprite for example without replacing an existing one, what do I have to do?

Morph said:
So this is interesting... When I wanted to use other pictures or models I always replaced some of those already existing ones. Might anyone explain how to point to them with a soc?
If I want to have an enemy a custom sprite for example without replacing an existing one, what do I have to do?

Use one of the many freeslots in SOCs. Make the stats to whatever you want. When you are done, go to states and use some of the freeslots there. Make them point to the things version of freeslot.

..........I think I forgot to tell something. But what was it....er, it was something about the sprite names...um...I'll get on to that once I've looked into the SOCedit again.

Uh...I wish?

Is it true that you can add charabilities (not the actual thing by drakyon but your own)?

*edit* by 'soc's?

*waits forever and some*

You can sort of fake your own character abilities by using THOKITEM, I believe. You can't really make true character abilities unless you are planning to make an EXE mod. If you've ever played SPMoves or SRB2JTE, you would have noticed that most of the abilities in there aren't possible through SOCs.

SMS said:
Use one of the many freeslots in SOCs. Make the stats to whatever you want. When you are done, go to states and use some of the freeslots there. Make them point to the things version of freeslot.

..........I think I forgot to tell something. But what was it....er, it was something about the sprite names...um...I'll get on to that once I've looked into the SOCedit again.
I know how to use freeslots of things and frames... But with soc edit you just can point the frame's sprites to a free slotnumber. I was asking how to integrate a new sprite into one of these freeslots. So I can handle my new sprites the same way as the ones that are already within the sourcecode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back