Question regarding SRB2 editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liliam

After playing SRB2 for years and years, this one guy you might remember seeing around, called a441 :wink:, made a guide on how to create levels. I was astounded by the simplicity of it all. Soon enough I realised that, with tools such as DeePsea, importing new music, flats and scripts was but a piece of moose. Er, I mean cake.

But something else haunts my soul since I first opened up WadAuthor:

What exactly do you have to do to import textures and make them work!?[/panic]

Excuse me, while I go dip in some ice.

EDIT: Underlined seemingly unimportant bit which is actually what this is all about.

Double click outside of all the sectors in the level and check the second bubble and give it srb2.srb.

How do you add your own textures to a map? Like if I wanted to create a new type of floor or wall, how would I add it in? Also, is there some sort of reference chart to make inserting tiles easier? I never know the names of what I want to use (and by never, I mean since yesterday).

You might be able to do it in XWE, I'm not sure.

Alright, thanks. It seems like a strange program, but I'll keep on trying. If anyone knows a way directly in Doom Builder, that'd be much easier for me.

EDIT: I haven't found a way to make my own textures yet, but I found that double-clicking on the texture square in Doom Builder brings up a list. It sometimes works, and other times crashes. I guess I'll have to save often when I'm texturing.

But my other question remains: How do you make your own textures? (Preferably in Doom Builder.)

Umm...
You have to make them using a paint program :P
But you'd have to import them to XWE, and then use the external file with WadAuthor.

Super Sonic 2005 said:
Umm...
You have to make them using a paint program :P
But you'd have to import them to XWE, and then use the external file with WadAuthor.
Yes, that's half of what I need to know. However, I'm very new to XWE. I only know how to make sectors and do a VERY little amount of control sector work in Doom Builder. I messed around with XWE, got to "Add New Texture", but I can't figure out how to actually do anything with the texture, such as import an image or even edit it. Do you know of a tutorial that includes flat/wall texture editing? Also, I don't have WadAuthor, and I've been downloading many editors lately, and I do not want a new one. Once I make a WAD with the textures I want in XWE, I can import them directly to Doom Builder, right?

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're asking about how to edit a map in XWE, you really can't. I mean, I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't attempt it. You have to make a texture wad, anduse it as an external file in WadAuthor, as I said earlier. I can't think of another way.

Yes, I understand that. I don't know HOW to make a texture in a WAD in XWE, though. I found an option to add a new texture, but I can't figure out how to change it from just plain blank.

Also, I'm having many problems in trying to create my self map. I'm learning a lot from it, but would anybody be willing to help me over AIM or something for quick help without wasting a lot of forum space?

Thanks.

EDIT: Fixed XDE to XWE. My bad.

You mean XWE, right? I'd help you, but like I said before, I'm unable to use XWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back