Quake anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know Quake? Its a very fun game! I own Quake 2 for ps1, I think the controls are hard so I use the analog...

Discuss.

Quake is fun.

I play the free online browser version called Quake Live. You should try playing the Browser one.

Quakelive.com?

I had no idea what Quake Live is, thanks for posting! (Im new to Quake)

I got Quake 3 Arena for Dreamcast, the game still has online servers O.o

I had no idea what Quake Live is, thanks for posting! (Im new to Quake)

I got Quake 3 Arena for Dreamcast, the game still has online servers O.o
It's basically like Quake 3 Arena except with Matchmaking.

Which ruins the purpose. The MM puts you into one of 4 categories(by difficulty). What happens is you win one round, and BAM you're in a tier you don't belong in and get facerolled. Then you lose, and you're now back where you were, a place too easy for you.

It juggles back and forth more then other MM systems. The original was better because(Although missing new maps) if you were getting/are steamrolling them you could leave.

Quake is quite fun. I used to play it. I'm not sure if Quake works on my Linux, but I know all 3D games don't work at all, since my OpenGL, DirectX, and D3D don't seem to be slightly responsive. Eh, at least I can play SRB2 and Skulltag. Quake 3 was amazing, and I wish Live would work... Stupid Linux

My Quake III Arena for Dreamcast finally came in the mail! (By the way NEVER buy used Dreamcast games, I got Sonic Adventure used and it was broken and I'm happy this even works).

Its so different from all the other Quakes, I love the fact you can make your own button mapping and use a keyboard!

My Quake III Arena for Dreamcast finally came in the mail! (By the way NEVER buy used Dreamcast games, I got Sonic Adventure used and it was broken and I'm happy this even works).

Its so different from all the other Quakes, I love the fact you can make your own button mapping and use a keyboard!

You know you can burn Dreamcast games in a CD and play them, no hardware mods needed! At least that's what I heard.

Came across this forum just now, and wanted to post:

darksonic143 said:
I got Quake 3 Arena for Dreamcast[...]
I had that too! Bought it for about 16$ at a local game store at the time. I even seen Seaman there for about 20$. Should have picked it up.. (back in 2004)

UltimaXtreme said:
Quake is quite fun. I used to play it. I'm not sure if Quake works on my Linux, but I know all 3D games don't work at all, since my OpenGL, DirectX, and D3D don't seem to be slightly responsive. Eh, at least I can play SRB2 and Skulltag. Quake 3 was amazing, and I wish Live would work

What is your video card? And which Distro do you use?

Also, OpenArena is based on the Q3 engine (ioquake3 actually). And it's quite fun, once you get used to it. :-)

What is your video card? And which Distro do you use?

I have no reason to answer this, as this current computer will be in a junk heap, while I run a Windows 7 computer soon. It's just blow-your-brains amazing. 1TB hard drive, 6gb RAM, Dual-Core processor, and full ATI Radeon HD graphics card with 20 inch monitor. I wanna scream in sheer angst over it. But none of that till Friday, don't ya know? D:

I have no reason to answer this, as this current computer will be in a junk heap, while I run a Windows 7 computer soon. It's just blow-your-brains amazing. 1TB hard drive, 6gb RAM, Dual-Core processor, and full ATI Radeon HD graphics card with 20 inch monitor. I wanna scream in sheer angst over it. But none of that till Friday, don't ya know? D:

I'd hardly say that qualifies as "blow-your-brains amazing" unless that card is a 5970.

Well, why don't you and I just have an i7 circlejerk over the quad core processor that we have but don't really need? I'd settle for a decent dual-core and a 5970 or GTX 480 any day.

That said, the i7 is pretty fucking great for stuff outside of gaming, too.

UPDATE! I FAILED TO REMARK TRUE SPECS! My computer is a Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, with 1TB hard drive, ATI Radeon 4800 graphics, AMD Athlon II 2.80Ghz QUAD CORE, and 6GB of RAM! HOW ABOUT THAT!

Six-core here, heh. AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. Ridiculously cheap for a processor of this class.

Actually, having at least a quad-core these days is pretty beneficial since more and more games are supporting multithreaded rendering. When I installed my quiet CPU cooling I decided to turn on the multicore rendering option in Alien Swarm and my FPS improved by, like, 80-100%. It was pretty amazing. Only used up three of my six cores, but that's more mileage than a dual-core, and hey, I figure that multithreading in games will eventually reach the point where it can use all of my cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back