Property problems, with Slade3 and XWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
A couple months ago I re-installed my XWE on my Windows XP computer, when I did this I could no longer open wadfiles with different names at the end (e.g. srb2.srb, soar.dta, etc) by double clicking them. Even if I set the the properties like the "open with" to the application, the application would not show on the 'Open With' Programs list. I have to click on a wadfile or the XWE application and load the file from there.

Now with the Slade3 (on my Windows 7) it is the same problem as the XWE but it has only happened recently and it doesn't open any file (even wadfiles) by clicking on them unless I go to the Slade3 application. However I think the cause of this is a music program that I installed recently.

Do any of you know how this happens and how I could fix it?

That's not actually what I wanted to do because then I would have to do that with any other file that is not a wadfile. The applications should work normally, by this I mean you can click on any file that has a IWAD (or was it PWAD), and it should open up in the application.

Try opening up "folder options" in control panel and go to the file types tab, find "SRB" in the filetypes list(you can skip to it once any item in the list is selected by just typing in srb), and delete(if it exists) and recreate the entry, using the advanced button during entry creation to select WAD as the associated filetype. If needed, change the program the extension opens with afterwards from that entry's options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back