Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I hate tigers

• Who cares about them

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second animal related post (the first one was here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=6336) Anyways this article is from wikipedia about the bengal tiger not longer endangered:

The Bengal Tiger or Royal Bengal Tiger (Panthera tigris tigris) is a subspecies of tiger found in parts of India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Myanmar. It is the most common tiger subspecies, and lives in a variety of habitats - grasslands, subtropical and tropical rainforests, scrub forests, wet and dry deciduous forests and mangroves. Its fur is orange-brown with black stripes, although there is a mutation that sometimes produces white tigers. It is the national animal of both India and Bangladesh.

Estimates in 2005 indicate an approximate worldwide population of 4,580 Bengal Tigers:

India: 3,500 to 3,750 + 332 pure-bred Bengal Tigers in captive zoos across India
Bangladesh: 300 to 440
Nepal: 150 to 220
Bhutan: 50 to 140
China: 30 to 40
Now in 2007 there is an estimate of a small drop in China (due to the increase of zoo-bred Chinese Tigers), 10 more in Bhutan, and a major increase of almost 50 total in the wild.

The Bengal Tiger is now strictly protected, and is the national animal of both Bangladesh and India. After the resounding success of the Tiger Conservation Program in India known as Project Tiger, the population of wild Tigers has increased dramatically. The Tiger population of India has reached about 3,500, up from 1,200 in the 1970s. In the Sundarbans, a 2004 census found the presence of about 280 Tigers on the Bangladesh side. But from the late 80's and the early 90's the Tiger population has suffered a setback due to Habitat destruction and the large scale poaching of these animals for their skins and bones. The Indian government is trying hard to show the world that the Tiger is thriving in India; often using faulty and controversial techniques like taking moulds of paw prints to track tiger populations. But it was recently discovered that the tiger was wiped out from one of Project tiger's leading sanctuaries, Sariska, much to the embarrassment of the government. The actual tiger population in India could be less than 1000. Tigers now live in zoos in North America and in the wild in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and China.

Here is a picture of the Bengal Tiger:

Conservation Status: Vunerable, Still at risk of becoming Endangered AGAIN! Listed as vunerable because they are still threatened but there are enough of them to not make them considered endangered. Yay!

Isn't it adorable? :D

Maybe, but they still have a ways to go before they'll win a Super Bowl.

sonicfreak94 said:
Wow, That post is allot shorter than the dolphin one... And this post was useless wasn't it? :lol:

I compared both of them and you're right Sonicfreak94. I'm going to keep the posts shorter from now on.

Wrong. He's talking about the football team, the Cincinnati Bengals, which, like he said, hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. I know this because I live in said region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back