problems making your own server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver

i am testing something on a program which might let everyone connect by lan. at the moment no test's have being done but i said to myself it workes with other games so why not this. ill be updating this as more tests are done :-)

All you need to do is:
1. Get an ethernet card.
2. Get a LAN network adapter.
3. Connect multiple computers to the network.
4. Play SRB2 and start a server.
5. Multiple servers can be run at the same time.
6. Let the games begin.

That's what I think you do. I've never been able to do it before.

A bonus for LAN games is no C-LAG, which is a well known and hated lag.

Um, this already works. I know it does because this is how a play. And it's not LAN, it's just virtual LAN.

noo..

what i ment is that you can v.s other people around the world on LAN. like playing someone in france on LAN when you live in spain ect.....

theres a program that creates a seprate ip address and when people join you there on the same network making it LAN.

p.s. please dont ask me how it workes because i dont know myself but it makes that person be able to connect by lan. like i said no tests have being done on srb2 but i've tried it out on some other games and it worked

Why don't you just host a game normally on the Master Server? Thats how everyone else hosts netgames. (other than IP-only, but thats a different problem)

Oh wait, thats too logical.

Master Server rules annoy me, no thanks =)

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, I know what this dude's talking about. I use it too. It creates a virtual LAN network which I guess is called WAN like Jazz said. I do it with Hannyness, Metalsonicmk72, and a lot of others who either don't come here anymore or just don't want to join. Believe me, I doubt you'd like them anyway.

some people cant host on the master server. i think its because of something called a static ip address, and the last time i tried that it fucked up my internet (sorry if i offended anyone when i swore but its the best way to discribe it....). also when i did some tests it turned out to work but it seems some people as already being using this before and i didnt notice.

Do you mean something like Hamachi? It makes a network for people to play with lan settings...

I'd like to have some more info though, a "I'm going to try this and keep you updated" topic really doesn't tell much...

ty

thanks it is hamichi and if you wanna join my server its- srb2 lan server
and password- srb2 lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back