problem with my WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonichero

I am having a problem with my wad

when I load the level I cant move into another sector, its like theres an invisable wall can someone help?

That can happen for a lot of reasons. The most likely is you've been careless with linedefs.

Linedefs aren't "just lines." Each one stores a number for the sector in the front of it, and (unless it's one-sided), the sector in the back. If you drag lines around, you can make those numbers incorrect. In addition to visual glitches, this often causes the problem you describe.

Screenshots are generally useless in this type of situation. Post up the wad, though, and someone might be able to help.

Basically what he is saying is don't just lay linedefs on each other, select both linedefs, right click on one of them and choose join linedefs.l

a441 said:
That can happen for a lot of reasons. The most likely is you've been careless with linedefs.

Linedefs aren't "just lines." Each one stores a number for the sector in the front of it, and (unless it's one-sided), the sector in the back. If you drag lines around, you can make those numbers incorrect. In addition to visual glitches, this often causes the problem you describe.

Screenshots are generally useless in this type of situation. Post up the wad, though, and someone might be able to help.

how do I post up the WAD?

Just like a441 said about the linedefs. The linedefs were not connected between sector 3 and 1 , also linedef 17 was impassible.
OH NO .... I`m going to get ban..... .

Why? Because you revived a stone-age topic?... If it was just carelessness on your part, I don't see you getting a ban.

... Cy-Chan, you must think you're a moderator, don't you. You always try to act like one.

Don't listen to Cy-Chan. This topic is not "stone-age", as a 5 month revival would indeed be "stone-age". All you'll recieve is a warning.

Anyway, I'm glad that your wad now works, even though you posted that message twenty or so days ago.

Shush Fire... If you read correctly, I said: You probably won't be getting a ban. Stone-Age just means I saw this topic a month ago. I don't try to act like a moderator, but unlike a portion of people, I know the rules and enforce them... Better than being a lunatic, ne?

Cy-Chan said:
Shush Fire... If you read correctly, I said: You probably won't be getting a ban. Stone-Age just means I saw this topic a month ago. I don't try to act like a moderator, but unlike a portion of people, I know the rules and enforce them... Better than being a lunatic, ne?

Cy, the reason they're saying you're acting like a mod is because it's the mod's job to know the rules and enforce them. You have no power, henceforth, you should not be aggressive in your comments. If someone bumps a topic, tell them that bumping is frowned apon. Don't insult them for ignorance. If they deserve administrative action, that is for the administrators to decide. You are not an administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back