PrismaticAngel's OLDC 2021 Round 2 Votes

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
Lucid Landscape Zone by Othius > Caustic Crater Zone by Seaballer > Lofty Woods Zone by Vixuzen > Command Facility Zone by Twins'R'Okay > Frozen Fissure Zone by Garrean > Bricked Busted Zone by Mikhael Blur > Iron Dominion Zone by MK.exe > Digital DeLuche Zone by RoyKirbs > Nimbus Lake Zone by Yyeellooww7 > Rhyolite Ruin Zone by Radicalicious > The Twins Palace Zone by Chaolino > Botanic Space Zone Act 2 by DeltaSanic > Follow Your Rainbow by Rogerregorroger > Sunset Summit Zone by Entropy > Powder Park Zone by DakotaSpine > Invasion Zone by JABSphere94 > Something Zone by Marcos > Blue Glacier Zone by BronsoKip > Junkyard Jeopardy Zone by PhilJFou/ChaRG > Pineapple Prairie Zone by SupaCustardbro > Grass Planet Zone by Voidy2246

Link to blind playthrough playlist.

Very nice Hub too, once again. Looks like it'd fit right into Knuckles' Chaotix.

Sunset Summit Zone: Well, there isn’t really much I can say about this level. It’s just a solid platforming level, with a nice theming that looks really cool. Shame that your tools crashing caused you to lose basically all progress on the level, perhaps it could’ve ended up being a bit more special if they didn’t.

Powder Park Zone: I liked this level, it has nice visuals and the springs that are scattered around can be used for some crazy spring jumps.

Nimbus Lake Zone: I love the palette of this zone, and combined with the music and the visuals it makes for an immersive experience. The platforming is solid and fun as well.

Bricked Busted Zone: I think this level looked really cool. The little faces on some of the bricks really helped add some charm to the level. I also like the steps with the spikeballs where the steps that are dangerous are colored red to make it stand out.

Rhyolite Ruin Zone: A NiGHTS stage in an OLDC, that’s been a long time ago. It plays really well and looks very nice, though it’s a bit unfortunate you decided to take after the 6th special stage, which is known for having lavafalls that make it hard to get through without bumping into them.

Blue Glacier Zone: I like the way the level looks and it has a nice color palette, but gameplay-wise there isn’t much to say because the level is clearly unfinished. That being said I would one day like to see the stage be expanded upon because it does have potential.

The Twins Palace: Well, this level is much less of a drag than your previous levels, Zaxel. The multiple paths give the level replay value and the dual themes make the level stand out visually.

Pineapple Prairie Zone: The theme of the level is very cute, unfortunately the gameplay much less so. It is very linear and cramped, especially in regards to those boosters at the start. The quicksand clouds feel out of place and unnessecary, and the level is pretty short.

Botanic Space Zone 2: Despite me missing the music trigger first time, this is a level I enjoyed. The transition from green to polluted plains was interesting and the gimmick of breaking the computers to progress was cool. However, it was not telegraphed too well and some players might get stuck on it.

Something Zone: Well, it certainly is something alright. Jokes aside, I liked all the little secrets you could find, and it’s nice to see Axis2D again. However the level could really benefit from some more splits, as now it’s incredibly linear.

Grass Planet Zone: DO NOT USE HIVE ELEMENTALS IN AN OPEN LEVEL WHERE YOU’LL BE OUT OF YOUR SPIN FORM FOR LARGE PARTS OF TIME. With that out of the way… I do appreciate the balloons that get used throughout the level because unlike the springs they force you into a spin. I also like the way the springs are used in conjunction with the water to get to greater heights. The reverse gravity felt kind of pointless, however.

Frozen Fissure Zone: I actually really liked this level. It looks good, it’s a blast to play through, and it’s a nice challenge, with the Snowmen keeping you on the move. The graphical glitches with the polyobjects make it hard to land on them sometimes though.

Invasion Zone: Oh boy. There’s a lot of questionable level design here, a lot is just corridors with enemies in them, which doesn’t make for too fun of an experience, especially when these enemies seem extra capable of killing you. The enemies are nicely designed, don’t get me wrong (except the BASH replacement, which is just a recolor and works weird), but fighting them in a cramped corridor is far from fun. It gets better when you get to the mountain and get on the spaceship, but before then Also, the boss is pretty neat, but at first glance it isn’t obvious that you have to hit the canisters on the side to disable the shield. What also doesn’t help is that you need to jump off a ramp to hit him, which requires you to very quickly turn around to hit Eggman, which can be quite tricky.

Iron Dominion Zone: This is a very solid level. The Knuckles and nospin paths also add some replay value and were well executed. It is fun to run up the slopes and jump off of them, as usual. I also liked the colormap.

Lofty Woods: I like the aesthetic of this level. It’s simple, but the mountainous forest theme works. The real strength is in the platforming however, which is satisying and the reverse gravity allows for you to take a different path. The pillar room was also really cool.

Junkyard Jeopardy Zone: This level looks kinda nice, but the gameplay is really not that good. The usage of floor triggers in the 2D section was a mistake, as that could lead to getting soft-locked, or at least having to backtrack to set it right. The ending part is also badly executed, having to find a button down in a room, and then having to backtrack to a previous part of the level where something apparently opened up.

Lucid Landscape Zone: I mean, what can be said that isn’t obvious already. The way the stage is set up is great, with the reverse gravity allowing for multiple paths, and it is great fun spinning down a half-pipe.

Command Facility Zone: Ooh, this level is neat. It’s Doom’s first episode but as an SRB2 level. I think you did a pretty good job recreating the levels to fit SRB2’s gameplay and style, and the textures look really cool. It’s also notable how you made the secret E1M9 only accessible by Knuckles.

Caustic Crater Zone: This level is pretty well made. I especially like the Magnet Shield path and the following Speed Shoes section. In some places however the acid doesn’t damage you, which is an oversight I think.

Follow Your Rainbow: Once again, this level really feels like I’m in one of your animations. I really like how much effort you put into making the level stand out visually, with all the little details when you stop and look at them. The gameplay is fairly linear however, which hurts the replay value.

Digital DeLuche Zone: Very nice pun there. The rolling rock path is pretty cool, even if it takes a bit to get it right. I also liked the floors that turned into ramps. Visually, the level looks very consistently like a digital realm, but the limited amount of texture variety does make it look very dull. The Crawla at the end was cute, though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back