Post your pics/art here!

What're you talking about? That picture's awesome!

EDIT: I drew this with a marker and then scanned it. I know, it could use a bit of work..
aaronh.jpg

Last edited:
Shadow is ugly, TBAH. Knuckles needs a haircut, too. Sonic looks like his posed was ripped, and Eggman just looks plain out of place. Other than those, pretty good Virt.

Rush job c:

rush_job_of_dj_cadence_by_takashika_kyatto247-d2xthrw.png

Well, it was late at night and I can't make the eyes look good. I edited it in GIMP so the lines will look sharper.

Good job Takashika, the scarf looks very nice and natural, and the body looks very relaxed and not stiff. The only criticism I have is that her left arm (going up to the headphones) looks a little strange. I have just begun drawing bodies/clothes so I can't really tell you how to fix it...sorry about that >.<
-----------
Here's some sketches...some of these I've shown already but I hope you guys don't mind. Haha, every drawing style is different. I'm still experimenting with everything...I have no idea how to draw clothes...so most of these are just head shots. All of these are my random-generic-looking original characters. I have no idea what I was thinking when I drew the winking girl. Her face is off on the right side, she looks very stiff, the pose is awkward, and the wink looks freaky lol.

lol.png

Last edited:
What're you talking about? That picture's awesome!
To whom might this comment be toward to? (Most likely me) I just don't truly like my style much. I want to get a mix between Ultimate's style, and Mark Crilley's, with some of Blazblue's in between. Also I haven't drawn anything in two months so, this was just a bit something for practice.

Thanks for your opinion anyways.

@ThunderNova, it was a rush job, I didn't try my best. And I drew Sonic's pose on my own. I've been studying Sega's weird way of characters crossing their arms.

@SuperSonic, yeah, it was towards you.

To whom might this comment be toward to? (Most likely me) I just don't truly like my style much. I want to get a mix between Ultimate's style, and Mark Crilley's, with some of Blazblue's in between. Also I haven't drawn anything in two months so, this was just a bit something for practice.

Thanks for your opinion anyways.

Hm. I think your shading and eyes are superior to mine. If you want to change your style some, I have a few tips. If you notice my characters, the size of the face compared to the eyes is quite large.
It might help to try out these things:

- Keep the same eyes you have, but spread them apart a little bit further
- Make the face longer
- Drop the mouth further down now that the face is longer
- The bottom of the nose should be placed closer to the mouth than the eyes

Don't worry if it looks weird at first, just play around with it :P Also, your hair looks great, it will work perfectly even on a different style face :P

Last edited:
Rush job c:

rush_job_of_dj_cadence_by_takashika_kyatto247-d2xthrw.png

Well, it was late at night and I can't make the eyes look good. I edited it in GIMP so the lines will look sharper.
"Your Moves are Ice Cold" Yup, it was rushed. Still probably better hands than I'll be able to do. Curse you small fingers, you're useful in life, but are challenging to recreate.

Oh and ultimate, thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it soon. Very soon actually, but you won't be able to see it. Kids at my school want me to draw them in an anime form. Not easy at all, especially since I have no reference.

Last edited:
Kids at my school want me to draw them in an anime form. Not easy at all, especially since I have no reference.

Oh wow. Yeah...that's really tough to do. I've always thought about trying to draw people I know in anime form, myself included, and it seems so difficult >.< Maybe I'll try it some time...Anyways, I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
I like C the best overall.

- The shading on A doesn't quite seem consistent
- C has a nicer shape to the top spike than B
- A has the nicest shape on the smaller curve above Sonic's left eye (the side on our right)
- A's right ear (our left) is closer to the correct size since it is closer to us than his left ear
- B's body spike looks the best
- C's nose shape is closer to an accurate Sonic, but A and B look alright if you are going for that particular style
- B and C's mouth seem to be placed better...but maybe just shift it to the right slightly more. Not as far over as A.

Also, nice job with the drawing(s)! It has a nice kooky look to it, and a definite 'this is what I am going for' feel. A lot of times in drawings you can tell that the artist is unsure of what he/she wants to draw or how to draw it, but your picture does not carry that feeling. Great job :P

Last edited:
Well, you know, you could always start it in an anime character builder program, then draw it freehand.
Anime Character Builder Program? You mean those things that make cartoon versions of yourself? Naw. Or is it something different you're talking about?

An anime character builder. You can design anime characters, maybe of yourself. I know there is an anime character builder somewhere.

Wow, huge change in style and it looks really nice! And you did this in no time too. Great job :P

Spring_Leaves__Autumn_Begins_by_Flame_Eliwood.png

Oh hey, Nox, I must say, you did a really good job on everything. Personally, I would have to say out of all of those things in there, I like the glass cup the most. I don't know why, it's just my favorite.

Despite my deep hate for smiling female chibis, I actually kinda like this picture.

Nothing special like above posts, but some NES sprites of Joka (Klonoa) I made:
nesjoka.png

Edit: Joka=IRC Name

Last edited:
Never played Klonoa before, but judging from the pictures I saw of Joka on google images, it looks pretty good :P
-----------
Here are some sketches I'm working on. I named the middle guy Rupert. He likes happy things. All of these are my random-generic-looking OC's. The drawing on the bottom right is my first attempt at a more 'realistic' looking anime character. My bro wanted me to try it...lol. It's tough >.<

some_current_doodles_2_by_uitimate-d2y0ovb.png
__semi_realistic___attempt_1_by_uitimate-d2y23el.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back