Port Forwarding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
Hello, guys. I'm here because everytime I hosted a server no one entered. I searched the solution and I saw something about port forwarding. I dunno what is it, so, can someone help me in this problem?

I had this problem a little while ago but my brother helped me solve it. First thing you want to do is find your IP Adress. To do this, go to the Start Menu, and click "Run".
Type "cmd" in there and you will get command prompt. Now in Command Prompt, type "ipconfig".
When this comes up you will get a list of different things. Using the number labeled "default gateway", type that number into the bar at the top of your web browser. If it's the correct number, you'll be prompted for your router username and password. First try "admin" and "password" respectively, because these are the defaults for any router. If this doesn't work, then you'll have to find what they are, I can't help you with that. Once you get to your router page, (IF you get there) look for a button that talks about Ports, mine says "Port Forwarding/Port Triggering". Click on that, and then add a new port. Name it whatever you want, and then put 5029 in the other two boxes. Fill in the IP Address box with your IP Address from command prompt, NOT the Default Gateway one, the one that says IP Address. Click apply, and you should be ready to go. You can check if it's working by going to the master server once you've started your netgame and seeing if it has the information on it.

I had this problem a little while ago but my brother helped me solve it. First thing you want to do is find your IP Adress. To do this, go to the Start Menu, and click "Run".
Type "cmd" in there and you will get command prompt. Now in Command Prompt, type "ipconfig".
When this comes up you will get a list of different things. Using the number labeled "default gateway", type that number into the bar at the top of your web browser. If it's the correct number, you'll be prompted for your router username and password. First try "admin" and "password" respectively, because these are the defaults for any router. If this doesn't work, then you'll have to find what they are, I can't help you with that. Once you get to your router page, (IF you get there) look for a button that talks about Ports, mine says "Port Forwarding/Port Triggering". Click on that, and then add a new port. Name it whatever you want, and then put 5029 in the other two boxes. Fill in the IP Address box with your IP Address from command prompt, NOT the Default Gateway one, the one that says IP Address. Click apply, and you should be ready to go. You can check if it's working by going to the master server once you've started your netgame and seeing if it has the information on it.
How do you do this on Arris?

I Guess My Router Ported Forward Itself

Ok but...

Ok, the Wiki says that the port forwarding thing is free, yet it costs $34 to do, why do they do this?

Depends:
You may be either looking at the wrong thing and mistakenly thought it was related to port forwarding, or your ISP is horrible.

I can't imagine why any of you thought bumping an 11 year old thread was a good idea. Make a new thread if you want to continue this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back