Port Forwarding Help

Lumi154

Port forwarding does not seem to be working for me. I have a UDP port open on 5029 but it still keeps saying it's blocked.
1691343807692.png
1691343848836.png

Is that through your service providers website? If so then make sure your internal IP is your devices IP. To get it, do windows key + r, then type in cmd. the command prompt should open up and then type in ipconfig. Look for your IPv4 address and replace 192.168.0.145 with the IPv4. If it's already your device's IP, then I'm not entirely sure what's wrong.

Since I'm not able to port Forward, i had to use an alternative solution. My solution was:

1. Open file explorer
2. go to network (you might have to enable a setting to see what devices are on the network)
3. find your wifi routers name (Usually under Network Infrastructure)
4. right-click your router and go to properties
5. there should be 2 tabs, a general tab and network device tab. click the general tab.
6. click settings in the general tab.
7. advanced settings should pop up, then press add...
8. a window should pop up, Service settings.

Description of Service: srb2
Name or IP: (your device IP)
External port number for this service: 5029
Internal port number for this service: 5029
have UDP checked, then click OK

Then go to this website and go to method 2.

This might not help at all, but these are solutions for people that can't port forward their router.

Ask for help if you need any!

Edit 1: Don't use TCP, use UDP. It won't let you connect to the MS

Edit 2: You don't have to enable both methods, It's just an alternative if one doesn't work

Last edited:
Is that through your service providers website? If so then make sure your internal IP is your devices IP. To get it, do windows key + r, then type in cmd. the command prompt should open up and then type in ipconfig. Look for your IPv4 address and replace 192.168.0.145 with the IPv4. If it's already your device's IP, then I'm not entirely sure what's wrong.

Since I'm not able to port Forward, i had to use an alternative solution. My solution was:

1. Open file explorer
2. go to network (you might have to enable a setting to see what devices are on the network)
3. find your wifi routers name (Usually under Network Infrastructure)
4. right-click your router and go to properties
5. there should be 2 tabs, a general tab and network device tab. click the general tab.
6. click settings in the general tab.
7. advanced settings should pop up, then press add...
8. a window should pop up, Service settings.

Description of Service: srb2
Name or IP: (your device IP)
External port number for this service: 5029
Internal port number for this service: 5029
have TCP checked, then click OK

Then go to this website and go to method 2.

This might not help at all, but these are solutions for people that can't port forward their router.

Ask for help if you need any!
Do not use TCP, SRB2 uses UDP.

Alright Update time.

I got it working in the strangest way possible.

After messing around a bit with the downstairs wifi I tried to look there and then logged back into the upstairs wifi what I found strange was that I was still on the default access page for the downstairs router. I did not know they were connected to each other as the upstairs router says it's it's own standalone router. So I first had to setup the downstairs router to open the port towards the upstairs router and got it working from there.

Great to hear!
Post automatically merged:

If you do host, I'm down to join

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back