Port Forwarding Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
Hey there, I'm having a bit of a problem with my port forwarding.

Even after I managed to get into my router settings, and input all the needed information at the Single Port Forwarding section, my server still shows up as unreachable on the MS.

Can someone help me with this?

Make sure srb2win.exe and the related SRB2 mods are into the allowed programs list of the Windows Firewall.

Last edited:
Although I did the Windows Firewall part, sometimes my server is listed as unreachable, and the only thing I can do is check if the IP has changed and do again the Port Forwarding setting, which in my case consist of change just the last Router IP number.
Example: My current IP (Router) = 192.168.0.100 and after a while, it changes for example at 192.168.0.101. It happens to me, most of the time. I haven't found an answer for this yet.

Last edited:
Did you enable the visiting network by chance? That seemed to be the problem for me.

Well, I've followed this guide on how to set up a Static IP address, and this guide on port forwarding, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Then if you followed those guides it should work fine, furthermore, have you verified if the Static IP guide works? Because maybe it could be the issue.

Did you enable the visiting network by chance? That seemed to be the problem for me.

Do you mean the advertise on Internet option? If so, I'm sure he did, because I saw his server in the Master Server page.

Then if you followed those guides it should work fine, furthermore, have you verified if the Static IP guide works? Because maybe it could be the issue.

Hmm, I haven't tried that yet. I'll be sure to do so.

When I try to download the PFPortcheck tool my antivirus tells me there's a potential threat called 'InstallMonetizer.AN', is my antivirus just being really sensitive or what?

Last edited:
When I try to download the PFPortcheck tool my antivirus tells me there's a potential threat called 'InstallMonetizer.AN', is my antivirus just being really sensitive or what?

I just downloaded the program and my antivirus didn't do anything, maybe your antivirus is sensitive or it's outdated.

I've tried it and yes, it appears it isn't forwarded correctly. So, I did something wrong apparently, but I can't find what. I guess I'll try some more options.

EDIT: I found what the problem was! I didn't add the needed information in the DHCP reservation corner, so now I saw my server appear on the MS. Thank you guys for all your help!

EDIT2: Oh wait no, never mind, for some reason it doesn't work again...

Last edited:
Okay. Although, are you really sure? I still see that your server is unreachable, perhaps this time is the IP change thing.

Thing is, I SWEAR I saw my server correctly listed on the MS after I configured the DHCP Reservation, but when I try it from now on it won't appear anymore.

Some network routers can make servers instead of the others. I´ve tested that on other games than SRB2 too. Now I can´t make servers too after changing router. But have you tried tricking with Hamachi yet? It would maybe work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back