Port forward help?

I'm searching almost everything up, allowed everything related to SRB2 in the firewall, yet my server still does not appear. I either need an updated tutorial (dumbed down to 9th grade level if possible), or I need some clear info with images and all that. I just really need some help because I've been a lonely server host for almost a year and I'm getting sick of it.
I even tried to do it the normal way, but it says the site I'm going to is not secure and locks me out (I use Opera GX).
I also haven't reread the rules for a while, so I apologize if this breaks a couple rules, and if it does violate at least one, then I'll likely delete this post entirely.
I'm also trying to host a regular SRB2 server, not one for Kart.

Ok, step 1 open cmd (click on command prompt)

1712413075252.png

Then write "ipconfig"and press enter

1712413457036.png

Then write that into your browser and go to it as if it were a website
(if this doesn't work, restart your router and try again)

The next step is a bit iffy as it differs depending on the router, just scour the menu for port forwarding and then find out how to add a rule

When you figure that out, set the port to 5029 (if it wants you to set 2 ports set both to 5029) and set the protocol to UDP.
(just do this)

Screenshot 2023-11-26 220416.png

if doing all that doesn't work, try this

When inputting the address into your browser, did you use your default gateway address or your IPv4 address?
I used my ipv4 from my command prompt
also, when i enter the default ipv6 gateway, idk where to go, and when i type the ipv4 gateway, it says the router password has reset, as shown below

Attachments

• image_2024-04-06_232508534.png
    image_2024-04-06_232508534.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
i got an update, it is now showing me this, but I have no idea what my best friend's first name is
I don't even have a best friend

Attachments

• image_2024-04-06_233400629.png
    image_2024-04-06_233400629.png
    17 KB · Views: 14
i got an update, it is now showing me this, but I have no idea what my best friend's first name is
I don't even have a best friend
You have activated the password reset function. You use this if you don't know the password to get into the router and need to set a new one. It's asking you the two security questions necessary to ensure you're the owner of the router before letting you reset the password. Ask whoever owns the router for the answers to those two questions.

You have activated the password reset function. You use this if you don't know the password to get into the router and need to set a new one. It's asking you the two security questions necessary to ensure you're the owner of the router before letting you reset the password. Ask whoever owns the router for the answers to those two questions.
And I already know the password on my router, because it's on the label sticker on it with the info along with some more info on the bottom where I found the serial number.
All I want to do is port forward so I can publicly host, but whenever I enter the gateway like you told me to, that popped up.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back