• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Popular custom SRB2 maps that you hated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another I don't particularly like. If anyone can teach me how to beat this level, then great!

Metal Flower Zone by Some guy. Can't seem to beat it, and having turret noises in your ears for 30 seconds is annoying. I don't know where to go! I also am forced to use F11 in Software mode...

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Here's another I don't particularly like. If anyone can teach me how to beat this level, then great!

Metal Flower Zone by Some guy. Can't seem to beat it, and having turret noises in your ears for 30 seconds is annoying. I don't know where to go! I also am forced to use F11 in Software mode...
I beat Metal Flower before. It's actually my favorite map. I disliked the ending though.

The Dark Fox said:
Kitsune said:
There's an easy way to completely evade the water, flagholder or not.
Yes, wussing out being Knuckles and Tails and Spindashing to the other side REALLY make the maps awesome.
...The hell? You've got it all wrong! You charge a spindash, then jump, hit the box, and bounce off of it!

Boinciel said:
Chrome the hedgehog said:
Medow Match. A lot of people like it, but its just using the same GFZ textures that are overused and is way too flat.
So by your logic, we should hate Greenflower Zone just because it uses the textures that were available at the time. Meadow Match was the first match map ever made for Sonic Robo Blast 2, and you condemn it for being simple and using Greenflower Zone textures. It's flat, simple, and somehow not boring. Not to mention that it has neat music.
Anyhow, I hate bad.wad. Seriously, who makes a WAD intentionally horrid?

Well, GFZ is a different story, It was designed for those textures, Medow Match Zone in my opinion, is not. There also could be a few more scenic areas that make it a medow.

Kitsune said:
The Dark Fox said:
Kitsune said:
There's an easy way to completely evade the water, flagholder or not.
Yes, wussing out being Knuckles and Tails and Spindashing to the other side REALLY make the maps awesome.
...The hell? You've got it all wrong! You charge a spindash, then jump, hit the box, and bounce off of it!

That's what I said. <_<

The shortcuts suck because you can easily get shot by a rail ring.

Anything in srb2 could be considered custom if it's made by a person. Desolate Twilight is the best of them all. Hydro Plant sucks because of how the top is the only main area.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:

Hmmm... Lets see.

I know I got lost in a few places the first few times around, sounds like you took a wrong turn right from the start...

Right at the beginning: go to the left, the rest is useless scenery

Huge room with the slime tower in the middle: Path continues to the left, it looks like it branches off but its the main path... Upper path is preferable naturally, but saps your ring count... If you fall down to the center of the room just run around in circles until you find a spring...

Outer area: When you are at the top of the mountain, turn around... There is a tunnel with lights hanging from the ceiling.

Its really quite fun once you know where to go. (it does need more direction) the secret seems to be very confused however, and I still don't know how to access it.

But popular? I thought I was the only one here (and Dark Fox) that really favored it.

Most of the levels in Spazztastic I hate... The Age of Empires one is interesting though and I liked the setup of Carved Barracks.

On the subject of Botanic Serenity, I've stopped wandering around on foot a while ago. I just go straight for the NiGHTS drone. I also enjoy playing on the unlockable level more than the normal one, so try that.

As for Gelespious, saying that it has "maze-like design" basically means you're blaming the fact that you're getting lost on the level designer. Seriously. Sit down and learn the layout of the map.
(If it matters, the only thing that characterizes mazes as mazes is the fact that learning the layout is really really hard.)

I've also not liked NSZ2 enough to think of it as a 10-ish map. partly it focuses on visuals too much and leaves the gameplay sorta bland. The big thing I like about NSZ2 is that the switchhunt dramatically increases the length. Even when you're thoking as fast as you can, it still takes around 10 minutes.

Sorry. Gelespious Mountain is not really maze-like...it's just...hard the first time. I know what to do now. I need to communicate better.

And I wouldn't say NSZ2 is a 10, either. It needs a heck of a lot of gimmicks (both on the main and the secrets) to make it a 10. A 10 from me needs like a seriously awesome gimmick every 45 seconds. I never found out what some of the buttons do (also, I couldn't find a lot of them--OK, I need to try harder), and well, I like the changed Thwomp Block sound. Scared the heck out of me for the first time, and I LOVED THAT.

The buttons are in a linear order; each button (except for the first one) is behind a door. Each button opens a door. Also, each button is color coded with a door. For instance, a button with ice textures will open a door with ice on it.

Of course, you already knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back