Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, needless to say, this forum is dead. Intelligent post time:

I have gotten myself readdicted to Pokemon for the zillionth time, thanks in small part to the hype that Fire Red and Leaf Green are generating in the chat.

The basic curiousity is: How addicted are YOU to Pokemon currently? I've gotten 7 level 100 Pokemon in Sapphire, and a complete Pokedex of 200 on it as well. The addiction runs very deep with me, and henceforth I cannot wait for Fire Red to come out in less than a week. It will give me an entirely new outlet for an addiction that has taken countless hours of my life ^_^()

wow. I barely got any pokemon in Saphire, mainly because my brother gave me a Kyogre to start off, in exchange for my original staring pokemon. I don't catch too many, and I don't see to many either.

You know, I warned you against an intellegiant post. Oh well. I have Red, and I am ruling. Using some glitches, I'm working my way to all of the monsters without trading. As for Silver, my other cartridge, I have both Lugia and Ho-oh, at 50 and 70 respectively, a level 40 Noctowl Raticate, and Beedrill, along with a 47 Onix that I traded with an NPC for early in the game, best I ever made. Plus, I have a 53 Meganium, and thanks to a Ditto, a level 15 Chikorita that I'm raising right this time.

My favorite Pokemon is Articuno.

I have a level 100 Blaziken, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Swampert, Absol, Torkoal, and Sceptile.

I'm addicted, in my pokemon ruby I got 130 wingulls... eh... And all my pokemon are atleast on level 50
My strongest pokemon is Zapdos, lvl 100, and Blaziken on lvl 100
Oh, and my favorite pokemon is... ZAPDOS! ^ ^ Zapdos is cute and fluffy!

Yays I love Pokemon!!!! :mrgreen: I eat sleep, and breathe them. *inhales Pikachu* x_x anyways I'm an addict! I have Pokemon Leaf Green and it rocks! : :mrgreen: No amount of Mr. Greens can express my love for it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have blue, yellow, crystal, ruby, sapphire, fire red, even Neo(team rocket version). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yes, i am a pokemon addict. My favorite pokemon would have to be....pikachu and mudkip. Also i have/had blue version, ruby version and pokemon coloseum.

The addiction runs deep indeed, Mystic. I own Blue, Silver, and Crystal myself. I also have Pokemon Stadium, though I have no clue how I came about owning it. Don't have a transfer pack for it though. Unfortunately I missed Ruby and Sapphire, but I intend to purchase Fire Red or Leaf Green as soon as is possible with my limited funds.

Favorite Pokemon would be Charizard. He's so awesome, in fact, that I started a game in Blue just so I could trade Charmander to my Crystal version and evolve it into Charizard.

My friend and I were persistent enough to actually catch all the original Pokemon, barring Mew of course, by trading between my Blue and his Red version. We tried when I got Silver and he got Gold, but that challenge proved too tough for us.

Just because you don't use a gameshark doesn't make you a bad player. You can get anything in the game with enough patience. Although the odds of getting a pokemon with the best stats in everything are 1 in 65536, it is possible......Those are the people we call "no-lifers".

I love how this turned into an argument. I never noted any dislike for people who cheat. I did so myself to get Mew. Since Japanese players got Mew after capturing the first 150 anyway, I figured I was obliged to do so.

I'm sure everyone here was very much aware that you don't NEED to trade to get them all, but that is the legitimate method by which to do so. It's quite something if you can say "I have all the Pokemon, and I did it without cheating or taking advantage of a gigantic glitch in the game."

Now, about that statement you made earlier. Just how am I a "bad player" if I don't take advantage of a huge fscking glitch or use a Gameshark? It looks to me like you're just being an ass.

The only thing I ever used a Gameshark for is Mew. Personally, I find that cheating just takes the damn fun out of the game. A guy with perfect stats just isn't as special if everything you catch has them. Having to rely on luck to get good stats makes the good stats that much more special.

I don't have any problem with people who use a Gameshark, as after all, they're only ruining the game for themselves.

I got all 150 in Red and Blue without cheating, as well as getting all 200 in Ruby and Sapphire without cheating. Yes, it takes forever, but it's that much more satisfying when you succeed.

Tets said:
Since Japanese players got Mew after capturing the first 150 anyway,

This is incorrect.

Just how am I a "bad player" if I don't take advantage of a huge fscking glitch or use a Gameshark?

Because you're sticking with a team that probably lags 20-30 stat points behind, and in all likelihood you're not spending your time in this game on trying to figure out what will win.

Mystic said:
A guy with perfect stats just isn't as special if everything you catch has them. Having to rely on luck to get good stats makes the good stats that much more special.

Making a difference between 1-hit-to-kill and 2-hits-to-kill or 2 hits and 3 hits is special enough. Rarity has nothing to do with it. And what exactly is being measured if only luck can decide what DVs you get?

www.tvsian.com

The Japanese do get Mew with all 150-Celadon Mansion, in one of the developer's rooms. We get a stupid diploma. As for the bad player remark-I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the people, they don't care about having pokemon with max stats. They don't care about whether Ice Beam will kill a Rhydon in 3 turns or 5. They just care about getting every single one, regardless if they are 20-30 points behind. And no offense to anyone, but I don't think anyone here knows what a DV is, except maybe you and me.

Just to show you, DV stands for Determinent Value, or a number of other things, but it means the same thing. Each pokemon has a different number, and it determines (surprise) the exact stats a pokemon will have. There are different values, and a DV of...15 I believe, will get max stats in that stat. The odds of getting that in every stat are 1 in 65536.

Now, back to the topic at hand. As I said, they obviously do not care about having perfect stats, or anything else. If they're anything like me, they have no one else to playwith, so the most they can do is get the most out of the game that is given. And worrying about an Ice Beam and a Rhydon just isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back