Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno... You asking me?

• No, you certinly cannot.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to use Sonic's SRB2 sprites in a fangame of mine.
If I do get permission, can you show me the spritesheet for Sonic?
I will be very thankful if you did, and I will give tons of credit to whoever made the Sonic Sprites! :)
My fangame is Sonic 3d.

SuperSonicRules! said:
I want to use Sonic's SRB2 sprites in a fangame of mine.
If I do get permission, can you show me the spritesheet for Sonic?
I will be very thankful if you did, and I will give tons of credit to whoever made the Sonic Sprites! :)
My fangame is Sonic 3d.

Sonic 3D is the name of an official game?

you're gonna need a different game name >.>

I'm sure they wouldn't mind you using their sprites, but actually a spritesheet was never made. You'll have to open up the WAD and extract each singular frame yourself.

:/
How DO I open wads anyway?
And Im keeping the name Sonic 3d.
The animations I need (All directions made please:)
Stand (No waiting)
Walking
Running
Jumping/Spindashing
Bouncing on a spring (Bouncing up and falling)
Hit
Dieing

SuperSonicRules! said:
:/
How DO I open wads anyway?
And Im keeping the name Sonic 3d.

You CANNOT use the game name Sonic 3D unless you want SEGA to sue the pants off you, it's a copyrighted name, Sonic 3D the flicky island thing...
i have it on xplosive CD somewhere...

XWE for opening character wads, make sure you make a copy out of the srb2 folder of the plr files to open otherwise the game with screw up

it really isn't hard to export them...

i'll post a rar file here with them all in for you if you have permission to use the sprites :/

EDIT: OOPS!
Ok Id like that RAR file please!
I hope I get permission. I won't relase the game until I get permission, but Id like to work with it!
The animations I need (All directions made please:)
Stand (No waiting)
Walking
Running
Jumping/Spindashing
Bouncing on a spring (Bouncing up and falling)
Hit
Dieing

considering what they will do to you if you use a texture from the game, you are better off using the Xtreme sprites.

SRB2's sprites are NOT for use in any other game other than SRB2. You are not allowed to use any of SRB2's sprites, especially the Sonic and Tails sprites, for any project other than SRB2 modifications.

However, if you're looking for a public domain group of 3D Sonic sprites, might I suggest the Sonic XTreme sprite set? We used to use those sprites in very old versions of SRB2, before AJ drew the current sprites we have today, and they're more than usable for whatever you plan to make.

Mystic said:
SRB2's sprites are NOT for use in any other game other than SRB2. You are not allowed to use any of SRB2's sprites, especially the Sonic and Tails sprites, for any project other than SRB2 modifications.
Hm. Mind if I ask why?

Shuffle said:
Hm. Mind if I ask why?
Several reasons, but the main one is that AJ slaved over drawing those sprites for months so that SRB2 could look different and have its own charm, separate from all other Sonic games. When you see our Sonic sprite, you know immediately that it's SRB2, and if we let other people use the sprites we would lose our unique personal touches. If everybody's doing it, it isn't all that special anymore, now is it? There are a few other minor reasons, but that's by far the most important one.

If you're looking for sprites, might I suggest SFGHQ? Their sprites section doesn't seem as complete as it once was, but they probably have what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back