PK3 problem in SRB2 2.2.9

Swiss Sonic

I'm having massive problems right now with an add-on of mine in SRB2 2.2.9. Initially created for 2.2.8, I just can't load it for some reason. I also have other WADs and PK3s which are strangely working fine like nothing wrong was happening. Instead of loading it, it just shows this on the console. What bothers me is that it was working perfectly on the older versions of 2.2 and it all of a sudden shows this in 2.2.9. It's actually a personal soundtrack of mine so it's nothing very huge.

Attachments

• 20210516_122142.jpg
    20210516_122142.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
Error says your mod, which is packed in ZIP and renamed to PK3, has holes. This is preventive measure with update 2.2.9 for users to not to hide content, which has possible malicious code, which would be not visible for MB SRB2 judges and others, to check. Maybe your intention is to just add soundtrack or this is accidental, but that's the way it is.

Error says your mod, which is packed in ZIP and renamed to PK3, has holes. This is preventive measure with update 2.2.9 for users to not to hide content, which has possible malicious code, which would be not visible for MB SRB2 judges and others, to check. Maybe your intention is to just add soundtrack or this is accidental, but that's the way it is.
Fair enough, so what should I do then? Shall I delete this or remake this song pack from the start, 'cause I'm actually using this mod from a project of mine so I can't lose it? I don't have a PC yet to maybe open SLADE to remake this but as a WAD file, like you said, that was initially a ZIP file with all the songs in it and renamed as PK3 afterwards. Also, why would it have a malicious code if I've just put songs and sound effects as well into it in separated folders and nothing more (at least 'til now)?

I've also thought it was due to the size of that pack (somehow 215MB, like why that much?) so it was too huge to load it, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Fair enough, so what should I do then? Shall I delete this or remake this song pack from the start, 'cause I'm actually using this mod from a project of mine so I can't lose it? I don't have a PC yet to maybe open SLADE to remake this but as a WAD file, like you said, that was initially a ZIP file with all the songs in it and renamed as PK3 afterwards. Also, why would it have a malicious code if I've just put songs and sound effects as well into it in separated folders and nothing more (at least 'til now)?

I've also thought it was due to the size of that pack (somehow 215MB, like why that much?) so it was too huge to load it, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Instead of renaming it, you should save it as a pk3 in Slade. I’d assume that an official modding program would put a “This is Legal” flag so that SRB2 can open it properly

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back