• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

PiSRB2 - A thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP Super Whirlwind Jump, revived.

srb20905.gif

wow, other srb2 characters have nothing on this tails' horizontal and vertical capabilities. though i must ask since it isn't totally clear; is this an ability unique to tails, or is it a confirmation that shields can be used while super? either answer would be super interesting to think about, and i'm definitely looking forward to what you have to show next.

wow, other srb2 characters have nothing on this tails' horizontal and vertical capabilities. though i must ask since it isn't totally clear; is this an ability unique to tails, or is it a confirmation that shields can be used while super? either answer would be super interesting to think about, and i'm definitely looking forward to what you have to show next.

Super Tails exclusive.

There'll be more for anyone with Super.

Sonic already has a MASSIVELY buffed Air Drill during Super, and Knuckles is Knuckles.

You only need to enter the video ID in between youtube tags, not the whole link.
Code:
[PLAIN]https://youtu.be/<ID>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<ID>

Right: [youtube]2x9zIj6hs6g[/youtube]
Wrong: [youtube]https://youtu.be/2x9zIj6hs6g[/youtube][/PLAIN]

This is the video you wanted to embed:

Yikes, watching the video makes me realize that you turned the air drill into Thok 2.0: Electric Boolegaloo

Yikes, watching the video makes me realize that you turned the air drill into Thok 2.0: Electric Boolegaloo

Better than having it steal all your momentum.

Actually, the only way to gain speed out of the Air Drill is to hold Spin to go down and do the Drop Dash. Otherwise, it just maintains your speed from before you did the Air Drill.

It's such a nice combo to be honest. A momentum based airdrill really seems like something that'd also fit metal sonic to an extent, but that's just me.

Ok, finally, I can update y'all!

First of all, there's finally a name! Physics Improvement for Sonic Robo Blast 2 (PiSRB2).

The actual joke of the name is quite long, but there's a joke explaining why the i is lowercase.

Anyways, let's get to the new stuff.

There's now stuff for Knuckles!
srb21255.gif

You can press Spin whilst landing or skidding from a glide to spin, but you lose 1/3 of your speed.

Slope jumps have been renerfed.

Rolling has been buffed, you slowly gain more speed whilst rolling.

There's also been edits done to Amy:
srb21256.gif

Heli-Hammer: Press Jump after a Twinspin to initate a Heli-Hammer. You'll get your speed redirected and slowly fall as long as you hold Jump. Let go of Jump to do a second Twinspin.

Hammer Jump: Fairly simple: Press jump during landing frames to fly upwards based on your speed. There's actually a small quirk that formed from how it works that allows you to use it by holding Jump mid-air. I sorta just kept it.

Also, yes...
srb21257.gif

Was also considering adding Hyper forms, but bailed out. I am reusing the code for RBSonic, however.

So, uh, I've actually recently been working on a mod in the likes of Reveries and XMomentum! It's basically my own take on improving the game and such.
So far I've got some basic physics stuff down and 2 replaced jump abilities, so might as well show it off.

List of universal changes so far:
  • CBW Momentum is here as the basis of many of the physics changes! You gain speed running down slopes!
  • You have increased air control, more like in the actual Classics.
  • At a certain speed, you can run on water!
  • Slope jumps have been un-nerfed.

Now, I'll demostrate the main attractions currently.

Sonic:
srb20219.png

srb20868.gif

Remember CA_AIRDRILL? Due to Zolton having pushed me to remake the Air Drill in Lua for one of their projects, I saw the true potential of this move. So, using the ideas of PencilVoid, I've made the Air Drill into a move focused around momentum redirection, and, if you sacrifice that, being able to gain speed.

Tails:
srb20211.png

srb20870.gif

Tails has been nerfed. The flight time has been halved, and ascending makes you lose speed, but descending allows you to speed back up.

I'll probably rewrite this later.
I love the abilities for these the two, especially Sonic's Drop-Stomp, Drill-Dash...? Or just Drop Dash? Yeah no, the fact it forces you down in a forwards-downwards arc makes it faster to use, basically solving the problem I have with drop dashing sometimes.
Was also considering adding Hyper forms, but bailed out. I am reusing the code for RBSonic, however.
On the subject of RB, is our Classic Sonic SMS still on hiatus?

I love the abilities for these the two, especially Sonic's Drop-Stomp, Drill-Dash...? Or just Drop Dash? Yeah no, the fact it forces you down in a forwards-downwards arc makes it faster to use, basically solving the problem I have with drop dashing sometimes.

On the subject of RB, is our Classic Sonic SMS still on hiatus?
You'll see soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back