• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Phoenix for dreamstar chars (cosmic chars but i renamed it) WIP thread

Cosmic Emerald

A person who has interest in srb2 addons
yeah it hasen't been that long, but with school, comes 100 % imagination time for my brain (i guess)
so yeah, here is one of the sprites i made today, and i do have a planed moveset, battle mode and easter eggs/extras included.

StndA1P v4.png

i'll elaborate more on the moveset when i do some more sprites.

I've been doing some progress since before, and I basically have the scripting for his main abilities done, but I still have to redo some stuff.
Here are the sprites I've done, then some gifs of gameplay. (I'm on mobile for gifs and rn, because I don't have my computer, all of the these sprites are done with a phone)
Untitled6_20220903125655.png

Untitled6_20220903124848.png

Untitled5_20220902085124.png
backpack.png

srb20022.gif

srb20025.gif
srb20026.gif

Progress update: I made the start of Phoenix's front wait anim, the back stnd sprite, and a base for the side run cycle. Why is it a base? 1. It's not the right height 2. I used completely different steps making the sprites due to making it on mobile. Also I used chrispy chars for 2 of the files below, due to the offsets of the follow mobj, there not being a sprite change for the run cycle, the follow item also having no other rotations, and I made a redo of the scrap pack's design.
Hangout Map addon revealed!?!?(the one looking like gfz anyways)
Post automatically merged:

Shit I forgot the files

Untitled 09-16-2022 01-02-02.gif
srb20048.gif
srb20049.gif

srb20010.png

srb20012.png

Attachments

• srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    741.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
currently contemplating whether i should have phoenix do a melee like move (something akin to sm64 Mario's melee) bind to c1 and have boost bind to c2 or keeping the boost binded to c1 and not have the melee, also i have another progress update/ announcement;
cosmic sonic and phoenix will be released together, and also the hangout map, green grove valley resort (or green flower forests) will also be in it's own level pack including other maps i have made.
anyways, the actual progress updates.
so the main ability, the scrap pop, has been tweaked to be more powerful, he only slides rather then slide then roll, he has been nerfed when the player has a flag, and custom skincolors have been added (not all of them). also since i have been working on cosmic sonic, i don't have many sprites for phoenix done, but as of now, i have done more shading to phoenix's back and front stand sprites, and also tweaks to them, i also started on the a2a8 stand sprite, but just a sketch so far.
StndA1P v4.png
STNDA5P V4.png

srb20055.gif
srb20056.gif

So I have more progress, and before I continue, I know I said I would make phoenix be packaged with cosmic sonic, phoenix is already is in the same file as him, but this thread will be fore phoenix and the other for Cosmic sonic.

Anyways, since last time, I made new sprites (with a new design), shown below
srb20068.gif

I also redid some of his moveset, his scrap pop is more like a double jump, he has a insta shield (I will make my own version before release), being done with a sword that is, and replacing his dive, the slide and crouch have been tweaked, and a new ability, a punch replacing the boost (keep in mind phoenix is still human).
srb20067.gif

srb20066.gif

The scrap pack may have been removed from the standard character, but you can add it back with the "Phoenixbag" command! It works like blue shoes (on/off), but it's still the same skin.
srb20070.gif

srb20071.gif

So that is all for now, so bye!

Yo! I Have done Much more Progress Since last time, Which i'll list below, and i am almost ready for testing, moveset wise, because as of now, i am no where near finishing with his sprites.
Sprites(i am redoing the head far a2 a3 and a5's stnd):

STNDA1P V6.png
STNDA2A8P V5.png
STNDA3A7P V5.png
STNDA4A8P V5.png

Phoenix_walk_base.gif

LifeA0P.png
SIGNA0P v5.png
continue.png
somanycss.png
XTRAA0P V5.png

Attachments

• srb20080.gif
    srb20080.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 87
Yo! I Have done Much more Progress Since last time, Which i'll list below, and i am almost ready for testing, moveset wise, because as of now, i am no where near finishing with his sprites.
Sprites(i am redoing the head far a2 a3 and a5's stnd):

View attachment 78997View attachment 78998View attachment 78999View attachment 79000

Phoenix_walk_base.gif

View attachment 79001View attachment 79003View attachment 79002View attachment 79004View attachment 79005

(coulden't fit the rest) Moveset:
Crouch&Slide overhaul

srb20075.gif

Long jump
View attachment 79006

walljump overhaul
srb20081.gif

doublejump but better
srb20073.gif

insta pop&Cosmic-shield
srb20077.gif

punchcombo
srb20080.gif

Attachments

• srb20080.gif
    srb20080.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 50
more progress, mainly a replacement ground pound over the instashield, though the instashield is still there, as the custom 1 air ability.
i'll post more later, i still have more edits to do. more so bugs and stuff, also a better run animation.

srb20087.gif

real_speed.gif

I had finished the css art at the start of April, so here:
Untitled93_20230409102010.png

I also made a moveset since last time that I'm already revamping.
the revamped version consists of:

• An Chargeable double jump/jump thok (think of maimy for an example on how it works)
srb20168.gif

• A crouch/slide that works like the one before, except no dmg is dealt to enemies while sliding (neither monitors or battle mod opponents count in this though, they are damaged as they should)
srb20183.gif

• An punch, uppercut and kick
srb20175.gif

• A groundpound
srb20181.gif

• A dash mode
srb20185.gif

• A walljump (done by hitting a wall after punching, doing a uppercut, a kick, or still rising from the jump thok)
srb20182.gif

• And a whole rolling gimmick
srb20186.gif

Though that is all that is there currently, I do plan to add a few things, namely an HP system, based of of the Mario series specifically, a taunt system (pizza tower my beloved), the scarf that is clearly apparent on the CSS (I just need to figure out how follow items work), and actual buddy compatibility with cosmic sonic and, when she is a finished character, nilly of course, coming in a v2 I hope.

ive been wanting more combat based characters. kinda sucks how this mod has a pretty small following

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back