Patch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblahbal

Act 3 FTW!!
Ok, so I added a new lump from file in SLumpEd, and put it between P_START and P_END, then saved it. Then I loaded it up with DB, tried to use it as a wall texture, but it didn't appear on the list of patches! Here is the link to my wad: LINK REMOVED ~Not relevant anymore

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Sorry about this, but I really need help on this! It's a custom patch(duh) that combines an ice patch and a lava one.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, that's right. I moved it to the flats category just to see if it would look right pattern-wise and forgot to move it back. But when I had it in between P_START and P_END, it registered as a patch, but it still didn't appear in DB.

That is because patches aren't textures. The patches are used to make textures. This is better explained using the custom texture tutorial that I linked to you before.

You should also get rid of all the stuff you don't want as flats in between the F_START and F_END.

YOU HAVE TO REMAKE THE PATCH LUMPS FROM SCRATCH, THE FLAT LUMPS WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.
This is because SLumpEd can't properly display 128 x 128 flats. So re-import the pictures you want to use as textures and convert them to Doom Gfx.

Last edited:
That is because patches aren't textures. The patches are used to make textures. This is better explained using the custom texture tutorial that I linked to you before.

You should also get rid of all the stuff you don't want as flats in between the F_START and F_END.

YOU HAVE TO REMAKE THE PATCH LUMPS FROM SCRATCH, THE FLAT LUMPS WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.

Oh, ok, I get it now. I'll try this on Monday(the next time I get to work on it)

Nevermind; I got it to work. Although I'm having a bit of a problem with it matching up; I'm combining the blue CLIFFW-something and the ROCKBOIL look-alike bright red MM-something-something patches. Here's my wad: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzy04tlv1iz; the patch's called MFZWAL01.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back