Palmtree Panic Zone 2D: s_palmtreepanic.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun, beauiful, and inspiring. *Thumbs up*

^Absolutly the fastest time possible - jumped, thokked, fell, and bounced with perfect timing.

This is out since November... Why haven't I realized it until now?
It is sooooo beautiful, awesome, creative, incredible!

*hugs Boinciel*

:D

(But Kuja is right... three or four enemies more placed here would make it perfect, in my opinion.)

ZTaimat said:
Fun, beauiful, and inspiring. *Thumbs up*

^Absolutly the fastest time possible - jumped, thokked, fell, and bounced with perfect timing.

Um... I did it in 0:22. You were 1 sec slower.

And yes, more of the enemies from Sonic CD would be better.

o ya? wel i beet it in 15 sec with hms123311 lololo-*shot*

But in all seriousness, this is an awesome level, very detailed and creative. But I wouldn't give it a 10/10 yet, it could still be improved.

Good idea.

The background is beautiful.

But the level itself is flat and boring with a lot of cheap deaths.

Willy105 said:
Good idea.

The background is beautiful.

But the level itself is flat and boring with a lot of cheap deaths.
I do agree with you, but there's hardly anything I can do about it. The way SRB2's 2D engine works is very broken, and it's nearly impossible to know what's in front of you without prior knowledge. You're running at high speed, and collisions are imminent no matter what you do. The flatness... Yes, I can see where you're getting at with that. 3D levels don't seem as flat because you see more area around you and it's very likely that the area you survey will contain different heights.
In the end, it all comes down to how well-thought-out the level is, the creator filling in the blank spots. I tend to oversaturate my levels with decoration, if only because I test them so much. If I don't see scenery everywhere in my levels, I get the feeling that an area is just too empty.

Yugi2 said:
I got the wad, downloaded it, but when I played it, I got the error: MUSIC LUMP 47M NOT FOUND.
Are you using OGG music or MIDI music? I neglected to add a MIDI for any of the custom music, so that might be your problem.

Boinciel said:
Yugi2 said:
I got the wad, downloaded it, but when I played it, I got the error: MUSIC LUMP 47M NOT FOUND.
Are you using OGG music or MIDI music? I neglected to add a MIDI for any of the custom music, so that might be your problem.
Ah, working now.

I wish i could try but sendspace links wont work for me. If you could please use a different link or email it to me.

The SRB2FFH4 link should work fine.

Anyway, I don't know why all of you say it's so amazing. It's pretty, but mostly, it's another victim of 2D mode's cheapness. The SRB1 Remake levels are just far better designed and more challenging, too.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
The SRB2FFH4 link should work fine.

Anyway, I don't know why all of you say it's so amazing. It's pretty, but mostly, it's another victim of 2D mode's cheapness. The SRB1 Remake levels are just far better designed and more challenging, too.

one alot of us love Sonic CD (me? It's just so easy to hack) and love this wad for being about an SCD level

Great wad.
As for not being able to see ahead, Shufflarb2 fixes that easily.
I would so recommend this for any Sonic CD levelpack.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Are you doing another level?
Sadly, no. This was just a demonstration on how 2D mode should be utilized.

Excellent Level! I love Sonic CD and this is just plain Great!

When I'm tails though sometimes I'll go straight through blocks and stuff while flying. That's probably the engine though, I would assume.

I am designing a 2D level of my own, and I'm trying to learn from this level as an example. Don't worry, I'm not plagiarizing...I just meant studying general ideas, like the concept of having complex structures in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back