OpenGl problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
"()LoadLibrary : Failed" Delete other OpenGLs from 2.0 versions (2.01, 2.05 etc) if you get this error. I think it means that the game doesn't know what is the right OpenGL even knowing that the other ones are in different folders. Well, at least it worked for me. :x

Be more specific, just saying it doesn't work won't help you at all.

I always use the -opengl parameter in my autoexec,but it won't work.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

It's really too small to be able to help ...
What is your computer ? What happens when you run OpenGL ?

My computer is a windows XP,when running in OpenGL,it seems alot slower
than normally.

I always use the -opengl parameter in my autoexec,but it won't work.

autoexec.cfg is only for console commands. Anything in your autoexec.cfg will be run as a giant list of console commands when the game starts. -opengl is a command line parameter, so it's no surprise it isn't doing anything (except probably providing you a console error message as it has no idea what you mean)

For some reason,I cannot use opengl at all...

Put your computer specs, Then someone will help you out. By computer specs, I mean computer information. SRB2 goes slow in opengl? I think i know why, It's your graphics card, Make sure it got better opengl rendering and update it to latest version. I had that same problem to. I got an SRB2 exe that run at full speed in opengl.

Last edited:
"()LoadLibrary : Failed" Delete other OpenGLs from 2.0 versions (2.01, 2.05 etc) if you get this error. I think it means that the game doesn't know what is the right OpenGL even knowing that the other ones are in different folders. Well, at least it worked for me. :x

You thinking of orther versions, 2.0.1 or 2.0.5 didnt had opengl.

As has been said before, you need to run SRB2 with the command line parameter -opengl.

If you run SRB2 using a desktop shortcut, you can place the parameter after the quoted address in the target field.
"C:\Documents and Settings\randomfolder\SRB2\SRB2 2.0\srb2win.exe" -opengl
Like that. Don't change the settings in the quote, just pay attention to the bold.

If you don't, or would rather make a .bat file, just open Notepad, make a file that says
srb2win.exe -opengl
and then open the Save dialog box, go into the same folder SRB2 sits in and save it as a .bat file. This means you do not set it to a .txt file in the save as type section. You set it to All Files and manually add the .bat extension. It goes after the filename, no spaces. (Not that spaces would break it, they'll just look silly)

If this explanation flies over your head, I'll provide screenshots, or someone else will.

Also, make sure you use the latest SRB2 version (2.0.6)
A lot of people did/used to get this wrong.

Sorry for the bump, but I am using opengl for the current version (2.0.6) but It's too slow when I try to run it. It seems to speed up when I set the texture to NEAREST and have the resolution at 320X200, but I it's too small to see the program and it's really hard to play. I have tried to update my graphics but it says I have the latest update for my computer. :(

My specs are:
Windows edition: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHZ
Installed memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Can any one help me with this?

I notice you don't list graphics card in your specs. That's kind of the lynchpin, here.

I only got those from the list when I did Computer > Properties

Here's my real specs
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Buld 7601)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: OptiPlex 170L
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1. 10 A07
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHZ, ~2.8GHz
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82856G Graphics Controller
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page file: 1060MB used, 978MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Main Driver: ialmrnt5
Date: 20/09/2005 9:52:38 AM

I got all of this from dxdiag

Last edited:
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82856G Graphics Controller
And there's the rub. Intel does not make good gaming graphics cards.

I looked your computer model up. You have absolutely no chance in hell of getting any better performance out of that computer; it seems your only options are PCI graphics cards (not to be confused with PCI-E), and those went out of favor years ago. Your only options are to buy/build a new computer, or put up with awful performance.

Your only options are to buy/build a new computer, or put up with awful performance.

My dad is going to give me his Gateway laptop later in the future. I noticed that when I play SRB2 on his with opengl, it runs way better then this crappy computer. I already picked of putting up with the awful performance, so that's why I am waiting until I get dad's laptop. He is gonna be buying a new laptop for himself so he can do astronomy on it and once I get his Gateway, he is gonna be using my computer for astronomy and using it as a storage for all of his astrophotography's (The spell checker reads astrophotography as a incorrect word :lol:).

Exactly, OpenGL iirc uses more of the GPU so if your GPU sucks, expect OpenGL to not run well. Software might work (more of the CPU right?) and it seems like your CPU isn't that bad.

One question. How the hell are you living on Windows 7 with 1GB Ram?

Thanks for all the help! I wish I could get my new laptop now. It would be very great since I am a huge SRB2 fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back