OpenGL Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firework917

Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!
I have tried to get some MD2 models today, and when I open the .bat for OpenGL and OpenGL-Windowed, I'm greeted with a white screen. The audio still works, but the white screen is all I get.

I use an x64 Windows 8 computer.
SRB2 is on a USB. The version is 2.1.8.
The .exe works normally.

Can anyone help me with this?

Agustin1216

あなたは私の&#
Well, maybe you can use a launcher to start SRB2 with OpenGL. It always works for me, and I have a Windows 7 x32. Aaaand, if that doesn't work, I think Windows 8 doesn't support OpenGL very well. And why do you have SRB2 on a USB?
Did you tried to open it on the Windowed mode?

Metal Blake

Target locked and on sight
Well, maybe you can use a launcher to start SRB2 with OpenGL. It always works for me, and I have a Windows 7 x32. Aaaand, if that doesn't work, I think Windows 8 doesn't support OpenGL very well. And why do you have SRB2 on a USB?
Did you tried to open it on the Windowed mode?

As a window 8 user, I can confirm windows 8 does in fact support OGL mode. It is more than likely something else wrong with his system, or maybe even the fact that SRB2 is on a USB for him.

I would try using OGL with the folder on your desktop rather than on a USB, and if it still does not work, then maybe someone else with more computer knowledge than me can help.

TelosTurntable

How the turns have tel- tab-
Actually, it might be windows 8. Some graphics cards are rendered unsupported by W8, and if that's the case, your PC probably uses integrated cards. Which suck.
... I know because I'm in the same position :P

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
5:01 PM - RedEnchilada: I just know someone was having the white screen issue in ogl
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: oh yeah i had that too
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: they need the legacy drivers for their card or they need to dual boot into windows 7
5:02 PM - yellowTeiuQ: I had to setup a VM

Look up legacy drivers for your graphics card?

Firework917

Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!
Got a little more info. I went to download OpenGL from Softonic and it said that it doesn't support x64 computers. Did I just solve my own problem?

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Plus, I have an option to 'update' the driver. Should I go for it?

wolfs

Watch Symphogear
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Got a little more info. I went to download OpenGL from Softonic and it said that it doesn't support x64 computers. Did I just solve my own problem?
This is very likely to be a scam. Don't follow through with this.

Plus, I have an option to 'update' the driver. Should I go for it?
Yes, but only update your drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's website.

Firework917

Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!
Alright, doing that now.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Did nothing, getting Legacy Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)