OLDC2021 Round 2 Votes (PhilJFou)

LunaticLudwig

What is this for?
0. Junkyard Jeopardy Zone (ew this stage is garbage, shame on creator)
1. Nimbus Lake Zone (stunning atmosphere; simple yet really cool stage)
2. Botanic Space Zone (feels like an actual SRB2 level; first section is a bit confusing; monitor breaking mechanic is not quite clear)
3. Rhyolite Ruin Zone (Magma Caves but cooler; lavafalls in tight sections is not a good tone)
4. Something Zone (really cool usage of 2D axis; shield-bots in Castle Eggman part and a TNT barrel in Arid Canyon section are a little unfair)
5. Sunset Summit Zone (awesome first stage, love the aesthetics; platforming is kinda punishing)
6. Caustic Crater Zone (overall cool stage; doors at the beginning are cool but getting annoying quickly; Knuckles path plays kinda weird)
7. Follow Your Rainbow (awesome idea, though Roger's artstyle looks kinda silly in SRB2)
8. Bricked Busted Zone (the stage is HUGE; not very good sense of direction; wise usage of polyobjects)
9. Lofty Woods Zone (perhaps the best execution of gravityflip out of stages from this contest; record attack emblems are quite terryfing; not a fan of the pillar climb before the last starpost)
10. Lucid Landscape Zone (clutch platforming; the stage feels a bit empty due to its big space; good sense of speed)
11. Command Facility Zone (not bad, but stages above were funnier to play; the boss at the end was unnecessary)
12. The Twins Palace (love the music change gimmick; cyan laser on cyan blocks is a bad decision; some obstacles are not fun)
13. Blue Glacier Zone (the level is clearly unfinished, but I like the versatility of the path it was going for)
14. Digital Deluche Zone (like the Cyberdime vibes; the boulder + bumper is straight up evil combination; the ending after the boss is way too long, oh, the irony)
15. Powder Park Zone (the squared level design; lots of invisble walls; not a good choice for music)
16. Pineapple Prairie Zone (the stage is way too linear; clouds are a bit messy; the falling fall was completely unnecessary)
17. Iron Dominion Zone (basically, Techno Hill 1 in 2.3; the stages loses its individuality for being based on Techno Hill; button hunt isn't a good idea how I already figured out myself)
18. Grass Planet Zone (Bees + Hang Ropes? fun... Pterodactyls over death pits? fun... Bees are following you from the start of the stage? amazing... I personally think that something that immobilizes the player should not kill them)
19. Frozen Fissure Zone (atrocious sense of direction; messed up usage of polyobjects; some part require you to wait while not getting hit by snowmen)
20. Invasion Zone (gotta love badniks that autoaim onto you especially when playing as Amy or Famg; the momentum mechanic cannot be used properly due to badniks; the time survival section at the end is pain; boss is the final nail in the coffin)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back