OLDC Voting:Single player and Circuit

JABSphere94

✨ Collaborator ✨
----------single player-----------
---Metallic Madness Good Future---favorite
Gorgeous level good use of slopes for the most part platforming is forgiving, the knuckles route is weird but that's about it.

---Rustic Templar---
Slope platforming is very fun, this level is not as fun for non spindashers especially fang.

---Wild West Zone---
It has good theming the enemy placement in general is pretty good having to fight enemy's while the door slowly opens was fun.

---Aqua Paradise Zone---
With most of the lag issues patched this level is pretty good most of the platforming involved springs witch wasn't too bad and then there's that suspiciously large area at the end...

---Oasis Palace Zone---
Platforming in this level was fun makes good use of the tornadoes, the bird enemy's where a little distracting, even tough I felt like I was getting lost I never really was, level felt just a little too long.

---Toffee Tor---
Pretty good level using the balls for water was interesting there's a few paths that just lead to power ups which was a little confusing but that's about it.

---Wastland Wilds---
Its not the prettiest level but the level design is good my only grip is that the yellow walls makes rings and springs easy to miss.

---Shadow of Atlantis---
I kind of liked this one the theming is fun it even has its own disco room not sure how I got there though, biggest issue with this level is that missing some jumps can set you back to earlier parts of the level these same jumps are hard to make without spindash.

---Hectic Harbor---
Interesting aesthetic, not too hard and its fun to explore for collectables.

---Overgrown Heights---
First half of the level was fun the other half kind of spikes up in difficulty with tricky platforming and some annoying enemy placement there's also those weirdly placed spikes on the boxes.

---Myriad Memorys---
Its mostly a puzzle level the one puzzle when you had to look down to see where you have to go was cool, but other then that the level was too dark and the gargoyle puzzle was a bit of a slog.

---Snowflake Ridge---
I wanted to like this level but the enemy placement is annoying/difficult to deal with snowmen on the edges of platforms above death pits with smaller platforms having the blue crabs, and then there's the hive elemental which is in an even worse place to get at. At least dying keeps your gems but the enemy's on the other hand reset. The level design looks cool but when I play it I'm always in constant fear of walking off an edge into a death pit the slops in this level make it even HARDER to navigate, playing sonic is a nightmare going on the sparky wind with snowmen around is a death sentence.

Despite by issues with this level it was fun when I played it in co-op.

---Cluttered Cavern---
This level was okay it had a lot of enemy's everywhere, the magma cave at the end was kind of cool even if you could just damage boost to skip most of it. The red spring needed to progress was hard to find there was no rings on it and it blended in with the walls.

---Heroes Hall---
Its a button hunt level it was kind of fun with co-op in single player its okay. Custom enemy's where cool but they couldn't really be defeated so I for the most part just ignored them.

---Concordian Cost---
Short level my main gripe was that the railings where intangible other then that it was good.

---Crystal Cave---
Another short level a little cramped but was good.

---Anteggtica---
Short level kinda empty but it has nice slopes.

---Cyan Heights---
Might be the shortest level here the gimmicks where nice but it was even more cramped then Crystal Cave.

---Magma Falls---
Far as I can tell has no checkpoints only some rooms have rings and how you unlocking the yellow door is strange.

---Valley Falls---
Underwater maze is terrible 2D section doesn't always align properly (if you don't want use a zoom tube maybe try a teleporter) my only other issue was that the even thinnest of the moving platforms can crush you especially the one before the sign post.

---Hyper Tower---least favorite
Music is kind of bad wacky teleport locations, there is a path of clasping wood platforms that lead to a dead end and you just fall and die if you cant fly.

----------Circuit--------------
---HydroWing Zone---favorite
I made this.

---Haptic Caverns Zone---
There's a lot of stuff in this level, what stands out to me is the boosters and yellow springs if you take those on a ball you can jump off it for some extra height which helps with getting over the big cliff. The bouncy floor was interesting as an obstacle but it goes on for a little too long.

---Greenflower Canyon Zone---least favorite
Cool gimmick but the level design its self is not that great has a blind turn during the down hill run, falling off the track can take up to 20 seconds to finally reach a death pit. Lastly there's some places you can fall into and cant get out as sonic you either have to drown or type suicide in the console.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back