oldc round 2 votes, yay

Yyeellooww7

This has to be the best OLDC i have played so far, so many good levels that were extremely hard to rate. Don't be sad if your level end up ranking low, you still did great and you can use this to improve your map making skills (i'm still trying to improve over here).

1. Nimbus Lake Zone by Yyeellooww7

Another rushed map from me. I think had i made more paths, people would've liked this level a bit more. I'm proud of the visuals of this level. Probably my best map visually wise, i still have to learn how to make more exciting gameplay though.

2. Caustic Crater Zone by Seaballer

This level is really good. Very nice usage of textures and a really nice atmosphere. This level has good flow and a engaging gameplay with precise but fun platforming. Really liked the final room. Realistically i don't have much to say about this level, but it is indeed my favorite level from this OLDC.

3. Botanic Space Zone Act 2 by DeltaSanic

For starters, i already liked act 1, so seeing act 2 got me excited. This might as well be just as good as act 1 or even better. Getting lost is kinda easy, but thankfully wasn't too hard to navigate. Breaking the monitors to open some areas of the level wasn't telegraphed that well, but it's a neat gimmick. Visually the level looks nice, like how it goes from an area with green grass and flowers to an area where all foliage is dead and there's machines on their place. With some improvements this level can be so much better than it already is.

4. Bricked Busted Zone by Mikhael Blur

Oh boy, this level. I heard that it was been in the works for over a year, and yeah i can see that. This level has a lot of polish and visually it looks great, great theming that i haven't seen anyone do in srb2 so far. People seem to complain about the water sections, but i find them rather fun surprisingly. In fact, some sections of the level are fun, but some others not so much and that's one the reasons is not top 2 in my votes. I also like how HUGE this level is, i really like big levels like these (and yet, i'm still a coward for not trying to make onemyself). Overall a really cool level, can't wait to see what the MB release adds to it.

5. Digital DeLuche Zone by RoyKirbs

So it's named "Digital DeLuche" because you forgot how to spell Dulce de Leche? lmao nice. Anyways, i always liked Black Hole Zone-like levels and i think this is the best one i've played so far. All of the paths have something to them and it's fun to run through. Well, except for one of the 2d sections that has the bumpers, it's hard and annoying. Bonus points for the deltarune music and the joke rpg fight at the end.

6. Command Facility Zone by Twins'R'Okay

So this is inspired by Doom? Wouldn't know, i never played a doom game before lol. This level is really fun to play and the theming is also on point from what i saw. I like the dynamic skybox and all, but the skybox is a little off in the boss fight room. Which btw, thank you for making the boss fight the greenflower one, i really don't like fighting the rest of the bosses and this one is the most tame out of the bunch. Some rooms feel well decorated (like the few outdoor sections) but other rooms feel empty.

7. Sunset Summit Zone by Entropy

"wow, this gives me major sugoi vibes". Sad to hear that the original version of this map broke and you had to rush this one. I think that had you been given more time this level would be a ton better. It has a really nice atmosphere, super chill level (ignoring the dragobombers that is) that's super fun as characters that lack vertical abilities like Sonic, Amy or Metal Sonic as the rest of the vanilla cast can sadly just to go the top and cheese the entire level. Also, i say this gives me sugoi vibes cus in reality this reminds me a ton of one of the two Kimokawaiii hubs (the first hub to be exact).

8. Lucid Landscape Zone by Othius

First of all, i find fucking hilarious how an object from this level completely breaks inazuma wheelchair of all characters. This is my favorite level from yours, despite it being extremely rushed and all it's still really pretty in a weird way. Loved the huge ass slopes right before the split path. Speaking of the split path, i liked the left path and i also liked how the music speeds up instead of it getting interrupted while having super sneakers. However, you already know well about this, but some parts of the map look definitely rushed and empty, specially the no spin path. You can also trick death by using Fang and his tail bounce in the death pits while upside down, i know you used a script to kill players that fall where the ceiling is, but please use fofs next time lmfao. Almost forgot to mention that i liked the orange fanta and baja blast waterfalls, creative gimmick.

9. Blue Glacier Zone by BronsoKip

I don't have much to say about this level other than i'm sad this wasn't finished in time either and had most of their content cut. It's a really pretty level with a good usage of custom textures. But it can be easily completed in less than a minute.

10. Powder Park Zone by DakotaSpine

This level has become so much bigger since the first time i got to try it out, you made this as soon as you got zone builder? Goddamn impressive. You can clearly tell the inspiration from Sonic 3D Blast by looking at how some of the springs are placed. Really well decorated and open level. The invisible wall in between the level so Tails players cannot cheese the level caught me off guard the first time tho. Very good for a first level, not sure if you're gonna keep making levels but if you do then i can't wait to see what else you make.

11. Follow Your Rainbow by Rogerregorroger

Yup, this definitely feels like a interactive cartoon similarly to your previous levels. How many textures and sprites did you have to draw? Because i can tell this was time consuming. All of your levels have that charm to them that i like, this one is no exception. My favorite part has to be the running sequence where you avoid enemies and trucks before crashing into the mall. The mall area was also nice, but some areas felt cramped and annoying to navigate. I got jumpscared by the trucks more than once inside of the mall, specially the one that breaks the ceiling, i thought i was going to get crushed but nothing happened. Also liked the easter egg area.

12. Frozen Fissure Zone by Garrean

At first i wasn't the biggest fan of this level because of the precise platforming and usage of polyobjects, but i started to like it the more i played it. The level is really good looking i must say. It seems like it's linear but at the same times it isn't that linear because there's multiple paths. But yeah, the final room with the moving polyobjects wasn't fun, i kept falling off the first time i played the level and if i didn't fall then i get knocked off by the snowman badniks, but it's still a good challenging room. There's some slopes that are too steep and make slip off of them when all i really want to do is jump. This is still a good level even with all the negatives.

13. Pineapple Prairie Zone by SupaCustardbro

I must say this is a level style i haven't seen that much recently. This feels like a Mario level, and that's not a bad thing. Nice "try again!" screen btw. This is one of those level who's better played with a slower character (Mario, Bowser and Fluffy Tails are good examples) because the platforming sections feel small and it's easy to fall off. I like the looks of the level, fits the name of the level quite well. But because the level ends with a capsule instead of your regular signpost, in netgames the level just ends without letting people enjoy the level. Thanks to this level we may have found a probably game breaking bug with the water drips on the ceiling tanking frames after a while, must've been something you misplaced while making the level. But overall this is a cute level that just needs some fixes to be better.

14. Grass Planet Zone by Voidy2246

Little Big Planet music pog??? This level is a big improvement over your last level from the previous OLDC. Good usage of the balloons as a way to progress through the level. You can get lost sometimes in this level even with all the things telling you the way to go, that might actually just be me. Using some kind of flowers to switch gravity is really creative. You really shouldn't place those bee badniks in these types of levels as they're more annoying than anything. I must say that this level looks really nice visually. I can't wait to see more levels from you, as you're improving a ton.

15. The Twins Palace Zone by Chaolino

I think this is your best level so far. Textures like always look nice and this time they don't moire effect. I like how the music changes depending on the path you choose. Kinda disapointed that if you have a thunder shield you don't become invulnerable to the lasers in Neon's paths, but it is what it is. The darkness from Ebon's paths isn't that threatening because of the abundance of rings. The gym secret and the wholesome message secret are nice, good ways to get emeralds. Some rooms feel cramped and small compared to other rooms in your level though.

16. Something Zone by Marcos

I like the varied theming of this map, it really is something. Best part about this map is the visuals and how you used skyboxes, it's really good looking. But the thing that makes me put it this low is that it's pretty much a hold right to win, but it's not that bad since there's some sections where you have to go left but most of time you go right. Not sure how would you improve this map honestly, i think it's good as is.

17. Rhyolite Ruin Zone by Radicalicious

When was the last time we got a NiGHTs level in an OLDC? Anyways, this is the best NiGHTs level i have played in a while. It's like a better version of Magma Caves (it even has the same music). But things i have noticed is that you really like the player to continously spin around chips just for there to be no power ups or anything behind them. Mare 3 just seems a bit pointless and looks like it's just there to get free points. The visuals are really nice but the stage could play a lot better.

18. Lofty Woods Zone by Vixuzen

This map has an interesting concept not going to lie. I appreciate the Shadow The Hedgehog music. I like the realistic-ish textures, but after a while the level starts to feel a bit samey and most rooms look... well, the same. Some slopes are also too steep and awkward to go up. The room where you have to jump in sloped fofs inside of a cave althought impressive, annoying to go up, it also seems like it was made to be thok into rather than just jump into. I appreciate the amount of levels this oldc that uses anti gravity, this one is not exception. I wish i had enjoyed this level a bit more, but i sadly had to place it here.

19. Iron Dominion Zone by MK.exe

Had to change my opinion on this level slightly after you removed the palette for it, because it made me not see some stuff of the level at first, but now it should be fine. In all honestly, this map just feels like Techno Hill Zone Act 4 which isn't a bad thing, but i already don't kinda enjoy techno hill to begin with. But it does look really nice without the palette which kinda bothered me at first. Still, it's really easy to get turned around and get lost in this map. This map does use goop and buttons quite well and the Fang path is also really nice.

20. Junkyard Jeopardy Zone by PhilJFou/ChaRG

Oh boy, this map. I don't want to sound rude or anything, but i kinda rather Blizzard Bastion over this. First of all, the colormap this level uses is WAY too strong, have you ever seen those memes where American movies depict places like Mexico a bit more brown than they really are? It feels exactly like that. The colormap also doesn't cover some areas so it makes me think you didn't use tag 65535 despite saying that you did. It's really easy to get stuck in this map, specially in the 2D section which i usually avoid anytime i play this level. The section where there's polyobjects and acid is really annoying to go through without falling, there is also nothing that says that the button at the bottom of the room removes the lasers, that would've been useful had i known. The last area where you had to go down to press a button is kinda not good ngl, specially when i didn't know that i had to go back to a previous room and that's where the sign post is. This level can be good if you fix up some areas, make the colormap less strong and try your best to get rid of the soflocks in the 2d section.

21. Invasion Zone by JABSphere94

First of all, your custom enemies are really cool, but the way they are used is more annoying than anything really. I'm not sure what this level is meant to be visual wise, is it like an extraterrestrial planet or something? Most of the level feels like empty hallways except for the final areas of the level where i actually have some fun and it starts to look like a place. Like i said, the custom enemies are nice BUT the yellow bash is janky, acts weirdly and is annoying. The airship area was admittedly really cool, wished the whole level was like that tho. A lot of people liked the boss fight at the end, however i didn't. This is more of a personal thing i have with bosses in SRB2, i just don't like fighting bosses that much and this one feels like a chore to me. Going up a slope just to gain some height to hit one of the two shields and once the two shields are gone then you can hit em starts to be obnoxious after a while, specially with a character like Tails or Amy (believe it or not, it's MUCH harder as Tails). But one thing i'll give you is that this boss is actually interesting and it could be really fun with characters that actually have combat abilities. But to me, the boss is what brings this level down imo. Sad that i had to put this level in last, but it was just too much for me at the time and that's fine, it's simply not the type of level that i like. I can see this level improving a ton, heck, you even won the circuit division of the oldc 2 years ago, i believe you can do something really good in the future.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back