OLDC 2022 Round 1 Singleplayer - Votes

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
Overall, the OLDC is holding up good so far, but you done goofed and forgot the level select image for the Hub again :P
Anyway, here are my votes.

SINGLEPLAYER​
  1. Egg Machine Zone by nickls2002
    Surprisingly an amazing level, considering I left this one for last. The theme of 'hacking into Eggman's computer' just works so well for an SRB2 level. And although its mechanic of 'activate button to proceed' CAN get a bit on the nose on replays, the ways that you need to access the button in are varied enough for it to be a REALLY fun level.
  2. Foliage Furnace Zone, Act 2 by Othius, Kanna, & Spectorious
    Did NOT expect an Act 2 to this. The music is a serious B O P, and the level itself is really cool as well! Though it DID cause a SIGSEGV when I was playing it for the first time... Might need to be careful with your level size next time, team.
  3. Spiral Hill Pizza by Rogerregorroger
    Roger van der Weide strikes again!! The minigame feels amazing and very much in place for Roger's cartoonishly chaotic world. Delivering pizza at the speed of sound never felt this good before. Got all Pizzas delivered in time on the first successful attempt ('successful' being running out the timer).
  4. Bitter Brink Zone by MarbleCheese
    Even though I did not understand the bobsleigh at all, this level manages to salvage it with the sections that you ride the sleigh through. Otherwise, pretty neat level. Nice job, Marble.
  5. Magma Laboratory Zone by RoyKirbs
    This... This is just a masterpiece. Great work as usual, Roy.
  6. Freezer Folley Zone by Fav
    Nothing to say, it's a sweet level to play through. I kinda regret killing the Crawla couple now that I think about i-
  7. Zaxel's Thunder Yard Zone, Act 2 by Zaxel Katsugyo
    Similar to the last Act. The storyline surprisingly got me hooked this time. Can't wait to fight Zaxel himself - you're ON!
  8. SunkSea X Zone by Nuhu64
    Big exploration simulator. Nothing else to note.
  9. Festung Oder So by The Shadow
    The timer challenge felt really good to complete, but otherwise... Well, there was quite a bit of potential that was missed.
  10. Chaos Cove Zone by glaber
    While I don't usually enjoy Emerald Hunt levels, this one stands out quite a bit from the rest. Nice one, Glaber.
    Funny thing: I accidentally forgot Emerald Shard Radar is overwritten by Emblem Radar, so when I first started playing, I didn't realize it was Emerald Hunt UNTIL I found an Emerald Shard. There were no hidden Emblems, so the Emblem Radar was not giving off any readings.
  11. Tarnish Ward by Princess Plushima
    The Emerald Hint system kinda does this one justice. Otherwise, another Emerald Hunt.
  12. Hell Coaster Zone, Act 1 by Voidy2246
    While I do admit that I liked the Emblem placements, nothing else about this level was really of note.
  13. Yearning Yachtyard Zone by PhilJFou/ChaRG
    One word:
    Uneventful.
  14. Enchanted Enclave by Vixuzen
    Also rather uneventful. Most Emblems seem to be tied to challenges rather than certain locations, and even then I was unable to find ONE. Sad.
    (Not really into Rayman levels, anyway...)
Overall, Singleplayer turned out REALLY good aside from a select few levels.

CAPTURE THE FLAG​
  1. Thunder Yard Arena Zone by Zaxel Katsugyo
    Big, open map to encourage teamwork over long distances. The symmetry point IS well-hidden, but it's still valid.
  2. Aquatic Territories Zone by Blast98
    Water CTF maps will always be hell
Only 2 maps. Sad :(

BATTLE CAPTURE THE FLAG​
  1. Quartz Quadrant Zone by PeneBoi
    Simply placing this here because of nostalgia.
    Jokes aside, experiencing Quartz Quadrant in 3D is rather unusual, but really heckin' fun, even though the map itself is really short.
  2. Space Metropolis Zone by InferNOr
    gravity flipping madness :>
  3. Radiant Forest CTF Zone by Radsla
    This map is literally big enough to fit minimum match lengths equal to ERZ2 speedruns. That makes it all more exciting when playing in such an environment, especially with Battle.
Overall, all three of the Battle CTF maps are REALLY good. Put it up in the official lineup!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back