OLDC 2021 Round 1 voting

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
So here we are. As soon as I heard there's so many entries to this I was so excited to try it out at last! Sadly, no Circuit, though...

SINGLEPLAYER ENTRIES
  • Fort Sunset: Eh, not a bad level overall. I'd say not to respawn the coins, but there may not be enough in the level so I understand why they didn't. Overall pretty small and pretty... boring.
  • Mercury Mine: Heh, looks like a level straight from Snap. There's a lot to explore, and I live for that kind of stuff. Overall a really fun level, and a nice change of pace from FSZ.
  • Ridge Rapids: First steps in, and I feel the sunshine that lies within. (There's a HoM at the start, btu I don't mind it.) I do see potential of this level, but it's not quite executed fully.
  • Hollow H- oh wow a custom titlecard- Hollow Hill: Nice usage of that modified SPZ gimmick, especially the spinning = faster thing. For some reason you can skip the thing with the falling arena though.
  • Blizzard Bastion: Once again. Potentialis REALLY high, but it's not used correctly. What is that 1st Star Post.
  • Teal Tundra: Could work for an alternate FHZ layout ngl. This level seems VERY official, actually! Nice job there.
  • Ante-Station: Three words. ~defy eucledian space~
  • Lava Temple: ...Weird.
  • Abyss Caverns: What can I say? Short and sweet, pretty good for a cavern level.
  • Drenched Dam: WAY too cramped for a Metal race, way too buggy, why are the fences invisible walls, WHAT IS THIS MUSIC.
  • Emerald Glade: ...eh, not a bad level, I guess. If I have to say, everything's too in plain sight. Even the emblems. Why did you not hide the emblems.
  • Koopa Kastle: Immediate Mario vibes as soon as I heard "Koopa". Wonderful level, got to the SMM2 code (shame I can't use it because no NSwO)
    srb20058.png
  • Music Mash: Certainly an... interesting level.
  • Bombastic Beach: Um... sure?
  • Zaxel's Thunder Yard: Similar to Hakuryu's Dojo. Liked the secret though.
  • Falcon Emissary: Eh. Pretty good gimmicks ngl, but it just... drags on.
FINAL SCORES:
  1. Ante-Station Zone
  2. Hollow Hill Zone
  3. Mercury Mine Zone
  4. Koopa Kastle Zone
  5. Abyss Caverns Zone
  6. Teal Tundra Zone
  7. Ridge Rapids Zone
  8. Falcon Emissary Zone
  9. Bombastic Beach Zone
  10. Zaxel's Thunder Yard
  11. Blizzard Bastion Zone
  12. Lava Temple
  13. Music Mash Zone
  14. Emerald Glade Zone
  15. Drenched Dam Zone
  16. Fort Sunset Zone

MATCH ENTRIES
  • Uncharted Badlands: Pretty nice Match stage, and a good breather from the intense fights if forced into Co-op. All Ring and Emerald places are very tactical and I like that.
  • Sunset Hill: Not a bad stage, but not that good either. Bounce, Grenade and Rail rings are missing, and there are no Emerald spawns.
  • Lost Lake: Nice stage, but it does have its drawbacks. It is unknown what the gates mean. Once again, Emerald spawns are missing. Other than that, fun.
  • Lake Side: Now THIS is an awesome Match stage. Emerald spawns, all Rings, very open but not too open. About the same level as Uncharted Badlands, but 2 times better.
  • Magmor: Awesome Match stage II. Same as Lake Side, but Magma based.
FINAL SCORES:
  1. Magmor Match
  2. Lake Side Match
  3. Uncharted Badlands Zone
  4. Lost Lake
  5. Sunset Hill

BATTLE CAPTURE THE FLAG ENTRIES
  • Oiled Wasteland: One word, nice. Knocking the opponents into oil is a guaranteed kill so that's cool.
  • Metallic Madness: REALLY nice nod to CD with the theming - Blue is Present, Red is Past. I love it already.
FINAL SCORES:
  1. Metallic Madness Zone
  2. Oiled Wasteland Zone

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back