• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ok I need to know what would be the best character editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I need this is because im using XWE and i have to save EVERY FREAKING SPRITE AND EDIT EVERY SPRITE ON PAINT ONE AT A TIME AND IT TAKE FREAKING FOREVER....... I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT DONE WITH THE FIRST SPRITE CAUSE I NEED A QUESTION ANSWERED (see How to make a character page 16...) And i want the quickest and easiest Character editor...... Please this is already driveing me nuts...

No one can help you on this one. You will have to draw each 150+ sprites all by hand, there is no super-special program that, say, a441 made that will automaticly draw everything out for you. If you want to make a character very badly, then play co-op with XWE and make your wad. And also, please don't use all caps, your loud as it is. :P

Re: Ok I need to know what would be the best character edito

Well, what's an easy way of putting this.
There is no "quickest and easiest" character editor. No matter which wad editor you use it's going to take a considerable amount of time (unless it's a recolor).
I use XWE which after I got used to it the act of making characters became second nature to me.
Edit: Damn I took so long to write this and check the grammar someone out posted me.

If you find it easier, you can try another graphics package to do your work in. Paint is more of a quick and dirty package and isn't intended for anything real fancy.

Yeah, FoxBlitzz is right, Paint is really hard to work with. I myself perfer it personally, but I know quite a few tricks of how to get things to work out the way I want them to.

well the only thing pissing me off about paint is that i cant get the colors i need *hides in a corner* ...soo...... little.....variety....... can't.....get.... right.....shadeing...... yeah thats how I feel about the colors cause well... I just can't get the right shadeings for blue and white and all that....and theres the coloring..... ihave to change all the green into BLUE (and some white parts, not that major (accept the shadeings part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back