[OGL] Level corruptions when using recent AMD drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_house

Also known as TemporaryAl
So, apparently every version of the AMD drivers greater than 14.7 causes various visual corruptions to basically every level in the game. Here's just an obvious example from ACZ, but you start seeing these back in GFZ1, above the cave where the blue shield is.

This happens on any resolution, both builds, windowed or not.
2u40qhw.jpg

While using older drivers isn't much of an issue, the latest brought some interesting new things to try such as VSR support, are supposed to work better with many newer games, and of course they're the only ones with official support for Windows 10.

That said, I didn't know whether to post this or not, considering that there might be plans for rewriting OGL completely, or that it might be a problem with the drivers themselves, but here you go anyway.

That's just Z-fighting. It probably means the new drivers use a less precise Z buffer with SRB2. There are ways to fix it, but they're probably not worth exploring at the moment unless they become a major gameplay issue somewhere, assuming the OGL rewrite actually happens. Some of the major ones could probably be fixed by clipping the wall polygons better, though.

Oh my god, so I wasn't the only one?

^Note that I have the exact same errors than gregory_house in this ACZ screenshot.

Blame OpenGL for always outputting those awful looking screenshots, and this even in DirectDraw. Possibly related to the drivers too?
EDIT: Or this is just my comp fucking up. I still always get those ugly screenshots whenever I play OGL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back