notSRB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, a few years ago people would have been all over this, not the least because lolslopes. The lack of real excitement in this topic is an indicator that either the game or the community has progressed to a point where we're satisfied with that crappy old Doom engine as long as the game is good. Or maybe it was actually SRB2CB that taught us that slopes, while cool, are not the holy grail.

It could also be that people have just given up on the idea of a new engine. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it could explain the slightly tepid reaction to this. I guess that SRB2 has more or less matured to the "incremental update" phase.

Maybe his "brand new hobby" is making mock-up screenshots to irritate us? =P
It's pretty clear that Kalaron came back just to tick people off, specially devs. He was online two days ago and then came back again yesterday.

It's clear specially during April Fools Day when SRB2 staff post parodies about SRB2 and its community along with topics about actual progress of the development. It sounds a tad ironic if not like some kind of counterpropaganda: while some mock people, others say "hey, we devs are working on the game, take it seriously", this ambient is a perfect invitation for topics like this one.

In all seriousness, a few years ago people would have been all over this, not the least because lolslopes. The lack of real excitement in this topic is an indicator that either the game or the community has progressed to a point where we're satisfied with that crappy old Doom engine as long as the game is good.
It would make more sense if one of the only two active topics in Mods section were not SRB2CB. Super SRB2Kart(*) topic was active because Zarro kept it up and SRB2CB topic has been active(**) because nobody, even Kalaron, bothered to inform solemnly that SRB2CB died almost one year ago. And surprisingly, I caught SSNTails & co. still making deal of a walking dead.

But still, it makes some sense. I agree that people not only have given up on slopes and cosmetic stuff (Karalon got mad on me because, among other things, I said him that these stuff were not important for me), but also has given up on other things, hence the nearly inactivity of custom production.

* - for those who still wonder and weren't informed yet, the development of Super SRB2Kart was replaced with SRB2 Fun Edition whose development is kept privately amongst a group of members. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT:

** - what I mean by "active", as for SRB2CB, is a topic that people still post on, even though the developer has quit the project.

Last edited:
It's clear specially during April Fools Day when SRB2 staff post parodies about SRB2 and its community along with topics about actual progress of the development. It sounds a tad ironic if not like some kind of counterpropaganda: while some mock people, others say "hey, we devs are working on the game, take it seriously", this ambient is a perfect invitation for topics like this one.
I'm not sure what your message is here, but let me just say that my AFD joke was completely independent of the new front page update. I didn't know that was going to happen. Also, I didn't intend to mock anyone except ourselves as a community. I believe a bit of self-deprecation is a healthy thing. That doesn't mean I actually believe that the devs are lazy idiots who can't accomplish anything. ;)

It would make more sense if one of the only two active topics in Mods section were not SRB2CB. Super SRB2Kart(*) topic was active because Zarro kept it up and SRB2CB topic has been active(**) because nobody, even Kalaron, bothered to inform solemnly that SRB2CB died almost one year ago. And surprisingly, I caught SSNTails & co. still making deal of a walking dead.
The posthumous activity in the SRB2CB had almost nothing to do with slopes and almost everything to do with multi-character MD2s. So that gives an idea of the community's priorities towards that project.

I agree that people not only have given up on slopes and cosmetic stuff (Karalon got mad on me because, among other things, I said him that these stuff were not important for me), but also has given up on other things, hence the nearly inactivity of custom production.
Well sure, but what do you expect after three years without an update? People have exhausted their interest in SRB2 2.0.

* - for those who still wonder and weren't informed yet, the development of Super SRB2Kart was replaced with SRB2 Fun Edition whose development is kept privately amongst a group of members. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, for starters, there's a lot of things wrong here, but I'm just going to leave it at that.

Second:

screenshot2.png

screenshot6.png

I don't know if this will mean anything to anyone, but here you go.

I'm not really sure why this topic sparked so much debate, but whether or not all the supposed subtle implications of Kalaron's post here are true, I still thought it was an interesting little April Fool's joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back