No longer able to host a server (Fixed!)

Nico Nyoco

that's me!!
About a few weeks ago I started hosting an unlisted server for a few friends, and up until recently there have been no issues. I tried hosting last night and learned that my server is no longer able to be connected to, although the last time I hosted successfully was about three days ago, where people were able to join the server. I tried redoing the forward port settings (Currently uses the 5029 port with the protocol set to UDP, set to be used by my machine), restarted both my PC and router numerous times throughout testing, tried to see if my external IPv4 had changed (which seems to be the same), ensured that my firewall allowed both srb2win and all SRB2-related mods including SRB2P and SRB2Kart for good measure, and I get this error when attempting to use the port checker.

1692882633946.png

I've also tried a lot of smaller, weirder fixes that seem to help some people. I tried joining one of the existing servers on the Master Server for a few minutes before attempting to host again, connecting to my own server while running as a dedicated server (could not connect without using 127.0.0.1), having a friend ping my server and attempted to try again just now with no success. I've also tried getting a static IP, though it seems the best I can do is a reserved IP as Xfinity apparently does not allow me to do much else.. which was also already active as well.

1692883270099.png

I'll be troubleshooting further today, but I don't entirely know where to go from here with my rather limited understanding on how it all works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

Okay! I managed to fix this issue.

So today I learned that ethernet and wifi connections are considered two different devices when it comes to what a router reads. I had the port forward set up on my wifi device, but changing it to my ethernet fixed the issue. I just tested and they were able to join again. I only found this out because I saw a new device being listed, different from what I always used. That was my ethernet connection.

Apologies for putting together a thread for an issue I was able to resolve on my own. In all fairness, I don't think I provided enough information for anyone to really reach this conclusion. Oops.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back