• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

new mod fineshed

should it be brighter

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is WAY to dark, i couldn't see the character, increase the brightness, oh, and its not a "mod", its a level. Mods contain more than one level (level mod) and/or graphic/sound/music/enemys/socs (mod).

This level is pretty bad...

- It is customary to add scr_ to the beginning of the filename of any single player WADs.

- You didn't bother to change the Greenflower title card or music.

- No rings or enemies that I know of.

- The level is waaay too dark, even for OpenGL. There are brightness settings above 0 you know. And I was casually walking along when I fell into a DEATH PIT. Remove that death pit at once. How on earth am I supposed to see it?

What is everyone's problem? I saw it just fine in software mode. And if you have a problem seeing it, try hitting F11 every once in a while, as for the deathpit, I never found one. If this is your first level gusruss, then I give a C for effort and a D for lighting. BTW, only one goomba?

This level is TERRIBLE X_X.
You can't see unless you're in software with brightness at it's fullest.

Even when you can see, the level isn't FUN, it's just a large open area with emeralds laying around.

One of the waterfall textures in the middle of the level can only be seen from one side..

I'm sorry, but you fail. You fail BIG. :(

It would take most people 10 minutes at the most if they made this level, that includes the map header, and setting up the editor of choice.

...better than my first level.

Like shuf said, YOU FAIL.

A big PHAIL

Son... There are 3 things you should NEVER center a map on.
Mazes,
Blackness,
... Uh...

... Ok, 2 things. Point is, blackness is one of them.
"This cap is not a winner. Please try again."

Don't double-post. Use the
icon_edit.gif
button.

excuse me but people aren't such buttmunches on queenzone.com thats where i belong. i don't belong here with the ignorant. maybe qz just has less homophobs so there aren't as many jerks. this entire message board is Thomas Quinn and BPP all over and i am the only one with a sense of "you messsed up but its no big deal just use the search button next time." I think that this board should take a page from qz and have Announce/Request sections. people don't **** care if someone asks a stupid question. its the love that music gives you and games don't. you will never find a queen fan who also enjoys srb2 because that my dear friend is perfection. if i never post at this **** again no one will care. i faked leaving queenzone and some one threatened to make my carecter in Freddie's adventure a peice of diearea. i don't **** care anymore. it's all a big joke. if you really cared you would at least be kind to your members. if you want to see just what people think of me there look for any posts by "****" or "poop dude"

Blah blah criticism blah blah gay blah blah expletive blah blah emo whining blah blah this keeps going blah blah.

Did I miss anything?

Really, your map is complete and utter crap. Everyone's first map is complete and utter crap. You should EXPECT your first map will be complete and utter crap. This is NORMAL.

Whining when everyone tells you this obvious fact is NOT normal, however. I don't care what the people on some forum somewhere that's totally unrelated to this tell you, here we have rules and a way we do things. If you don't like that, you can go ahead and leave. Every idiot that leaves makes room for someone else with an open mind to criticism. There are plenty of tools on this forum and the website to help level designers improve. You can either use them or not use them.

However, being an emo kid is a quick trip to the banned list, because we simply have no tolerance for incessant whining. Be mature or leave. You have been warned.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back