• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New Draykon WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
So, in recent times I've been working on improving my old character WAD.

Course, rather than working on those old carpy sprites I used back then. These new sprites are hand drawn, scanned, and fixed up. All from scratch.

draykrun.gif

Here be a walking animation (walking, not running) made all by myself. :D

Comments?

Oh, I'm also a little blocked on what to do about his ability. Those of you who've played Zero Fighters Two know about the little wall jump thingy, but that can't really be SOCced. So, any ideas?

Edit: Oh yes, I'd like to note that Draykon is NOT an ordinary human, but a metahuman. So no going "Swimming is the only thing that works for humans" plzthx.

Edit2.0: Yeah, modified it a bit to look more natural:
draykwalk.gif

Also fixed the shading.

There's a new invention call proportions. And that shading moves all over the place.

Hmm, try making a thok item to use in conjuntion with a good ol' thok. Perhaps an enemy? Go way down, then thok and bounce off an enemy! Maybe a spring?

Shu said:
There's a new invention call proportions.
Beg pardon?
The proportions look fine for a character like Draykon.

BlueZero4 said:
Hmm, try making a thok item to use in conjuntion with a good ol' thok. Perhaps an enemy? Go way down, then thok and bounce off an enemy! Maybe a spring?

Right now I'm thinking of modifying Overdrive's thok thingy to not be multi or homing, but still have the fancy invincibility thing. With a low actionspd of course.

Eh, animation is off.
I certainly don't walk with only one foot at a time. As my first foot touches the ground, my second foot rises.

Looks like another original wad has just joined the forums.

Dark Warrior said:
Eh, animation is off.

I notice this too... Seems like the shading flips which seems a little un-natrual.

Other then that, pretty decent wad.

I like how it looks, however, you should change the arm swing, if it were proper it would have one leg forward, and the opposite arm going back, not an arm and a leg goig at the same time, it would throw him off balance.
For an ability may i suggest that you use a spring height(yellow, red or blue) Double jump or single jump as your last one was a high double jump ability, and this time, no water run

Animation is a bit off, and so is the shading. Remember, the walking might look fine, but in a speedy Sonic game, there are only 2 animations needed. Walking fast, and sprinting. But walking like is shown there won't really fit in with the speed.

Oh, and by the way, what IS draykon? Some kinda...black hedgehogy human or something?

Super mystic sonic said:
Oh, and by the way, what IS draykon? Some kinda...black hedgehogy human or something?
Humanoid bioweapon. Primarily human appearance, but with glowing eyes and an eery voice.

Also, I've decided that I'd use slow descent for an ability. I've changed the character alot since the last WAD, and this kinda suits his new array of powers.

Maybe you could make it so it dashe into the ground and then bounces back up to about twice the original height, or would that be to high?

Bingo. And while that's often a useful and effective way of animating, it's a failure if you forget the shading issues entailed.

Yeah it is :) Just don't forget to the shading. And this can not be done on every angle.

Jman said:
He just animated one side, then mirrored it.

draykrun.gif

Look closely. One part of the shading stays the same, and so does that little pixel in the lower left corner of the image. BTW, I only found out about mirroring stuff around November or something.

I just explained. I was very lazy with the shading here. The only modifications to the three mirrored frames were the shading on the chest.

Well, I meant mirrored in a certain area, like just switching the legs. But I'm sure he mirrored the whole body and didn't finish changing the shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back