New Boss coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

If news of this has already gotten out, forgive me, I haven't seen it.

I was on the wiki, looking at the music slot numbers, when I noticed that track 24 (previously "Boss remix" or something like that,) has been changed to "Metal Sonic Battle"

So... is a fight with Metal Sonic coming into SRB2? Or did it already and I didn't know it or something? (Still playing 2.0.4 over here)

I was on the wiki, looking at the music slot numbers, when I noticed that track 24 (previously "Boss remix" or something like that,) has been changed to "Metal Sonic Battle"
It is called like that on the soundtrack download from srb2.org, thats why I changed it. The devs have stated on numerous occasions that Metal Sonic might show up as a boss.

Or did it already and I didn't know it or something? (Still playing 2.0.4 over here)
Why are you still playing 2.0.4? There is no good reason to do so, 2.0.6 is vastly superior.

Ok thanks spirit crusher.

And the only reason I'm on 2.0.4 is that I seem to be technically challenged. Every time I try to download a newer version I just make SRB2 get corrupted, so I restore my computer. Eventually I just left it alone. If I can get 2.0.6 to download and WORK, I'd download it right away.

Eggscalibur_Concept_by_instantsonic.jpg

EggVaVa_by_instantsonic.jpg

Castle Eggman and Red Volcano respectively. Straight from Instant Sonic.

Oo...I like the looks of the Castle Eggman boss. Looking forward to seeing how those arms will look when moving.

Eggscalibur looks awesome! I'm planning on including it in later versions of Tortured Planet, when future versions of SRB2 come out.

Eggscalibur looks awesome! I'm planning on including it in later versions of Tortured Planet, when future versions of SRB2 come out.
Well... To be fair, 4 different bosses spread out over 10 zones (Star Showdown included), I suspect that if any new boss was included you would find a way to include it somewhere. Just to give the level pack a more varied range of bosses instead of the current system of the Egg Slimer appearing a bazillion times :P

But does anyone really wanna re-fight the old bosses again? I mean, I tried varying it up a bit by swapping Eggman's ammo and giving him grenades in Cloud Cradle, but even then, it's still Eggman. I'm now rerouting my focus on non-Eggman bosses (not easy to do, since my art skills suck, as you can clearly see).

But does anyone really wanna re-fight the old bosses again? I mean, I tried varying it up a bit by swapping Eggman's ammo and giving him grenades in Cloud Cradle, but even then, it's still Eggman. I'm now rerouting my focus on non-Eggman bosses (not easy to do, since my art skills suck, as you can clearly see).

Well, Good luck. Socing is hard isn't it?

Aslo, Eggscalibur, looks Like Part of it will be made of Fofs, while the rest will be made of sprites/things.

How about ACZ, GEZ, and ERZ bosses along with the Srb1 bosses, what will they be?

Question will Eggscailber fight similar to Fly battery's Act 1 boss?

Last edited:
I think Castle Eggman's boss should be the Eggscalibur. I have no idea of what is it and no idea of what it does but it would be cool. I imagine that it wouldd be like that Guard Robot, but a giant version of it, and much more. Cool, isn't it?

From late 2008? You mean that this thing was developed before v2.0 was even released? Of course, it looks quite primitive, so I'd imagine it's been improved since then.

First of all, you must surely admit it would at least be better than the current sequence of Eggmobile, Eggmobile, Egg Slimer, Egg Slimer, Egg Slimer, Spiked Eggmobile, Sea Egg, Eggmobile, Sea Egg, Brak Eggman. Second of all, bear in mind that I am also attempting to make the level itself challenge you as much as the boss, and furthermore make the boss stages as original as I can. You surely aren't expecting me to just copypaste everything, are you? I'd at least create as many alternate gimmicks for the new bosses as now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back