New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they could do the same thing as Doom, something I call ¨Fake 3D¨ in wich everything looks like if it was 3D, but it is actually 2D pictures that look like if they were 3D.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-4-my-interview-with-aaron-webber

If one thing is important to note here, is that the stupid "get points to complete the level by doing the same thing over and over again" was incomplete, and most likely a placeholder/test thing, thus it'll either be made more interesting, or replaced with a normal act.

Man, the whole theme of that interview was "What we were making was fucking terrible, and we know it."

And I can't help but feel that he's full of shit about the whole "it was a beta" thing, considering the game would be pretty much done and close to release were it not for the delay.

Last edited:
Does anybody here mind explaining me why the heck does it say ¨Episode 1¨, is it an unfinished version or what?

Ugh, I'm tired of coming in and out of this thread and seeing nothing from negativity from a game that was only just released the 1st Zone and is still criticized.

I came here to discuss the cons AND the pros of Sonic 4 and Sonic in general, not to be ashamed to call myself a fan because Genesissies like you go out of your way to bash a game that ain't even out yet. Well no more, I'm outta here.

Ugh, I'm tired of coming in and out of this thread and seeing nothing from negativity from a game that was only just released the 1st Zone and is still criticized.

I came here to discuss the cons AND the pros of Sonic 4 and Sonic in general, not to be ashamed to call myself a fan because Genesissies like you go out of your way to bash a game that ain't even out yet. Well no more, I'm outta here.

Don't you think that people would be praising it, if they had something to praise? Believe it or not, people have different standards. It's not "going out of our way" to "bash a game" when it's more like simply pointing out that you dislike something and giving good reasoning.
Being ashamed is just being overdramatic.

This game doesn't look too bad, from my view. I'll probably get it when it comes out depending on what the rest of the game is like.

Would you guys like me to improve your faith in this game now?

I've played two acts, of those two acts, they weren't exceptionally horrible, so far no QTs, and the homing isn't abused as a stupid gimmick. Targeting reticule is a nice addition. My gripe so far is the camera, though, it's far too close, both in normal zones and especially in the special stages, which dear God are a pain to play and watch out for the end stage markers, since you have very little time to avoid them since you don't see them till you're pretty close. Oh, and there's an enemy that clings to the wall that is God damn annoying, because it clings to the bit you can't get to (the front of the wall, if you will...).

So, you heard it here guys, Cue, the pessimistic bastard, said Sonic 4 wasn't exceptionally horrible. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

More on this later.

Wait, where did you get to play it?

On the 360 sitting on my desk.

EDIT: Okay, the 100,000 point pinball challenge is an awful design, most of the bumpers give 10 points each, and you can't rack up 100,000 points in 10 minutes with that. The only thing that only gives anything more is the single, hard to reach cage that gives you 8k or something silly, and the slot machine that rarely gives anything more than 2k/4k if you even get anything.

Last edited:
Please do continue Cue, it's nice to hear opinions.

Though on a side note:
seriouslywhat.jpg

The fuck is that doing there? Pardon my language, but there really is no other way to describe that.

Please do continue Cue, it's nice to hear opinions.

Though on a side note:
seriouslywhat.jpg

The fuck is that doing there? Pardon my language, but there really is no other way to describe that.

That's a speed booster.

But why is it there?

I can't actually remember, I'll go back and see if I can find that bit later.

In other news, I was wondering how the hell you got into my FB since I didn't add you, but now I realise it's taken at a different angle to the one on my Facebook account. =P

I actually found the picture going through about 15 pages I missed in Sonic Retro's Sonic 4 topic. I must say; although I'm late to it, it's still irritating that there's a speed booster there. It's almost like they don't want us to play the game.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's kind of sad that I actually went through 15 pages or so of a 200+ page topic. Habit of mine to try and keep up with people I guess.

Last edited:
On the 360 sitting on my desk.

EDIT: Okay, the 100,000 point pinball challenge is an awful design, most of the bumpers give 10 points each, and you can't rack up 100,000 points in 10 minutes with that. The only thing that only gives anything more is the single, hard to reach cage that gives you 8k or something silly, and the slot machine that rarely gives anything more than 2k/4k if you even get anything.

Wait wait wait... You got to play the demo before we in America got to?! DAMN YOU, MICROSOFT! AND DAMN YOU, NINTENDO FOR DISCONTINUING THE DEMO SERVICE ON WIIWARE GAMES!

But anyway, I consider the game to be decent. Though I fear I'll agree with Cue. The camera seems like a pull from Sonic Genesis on the GBA, which is bad. If it were a different camera, maybe the Advance camera, or like the Unleashed 2D, I'd have a different thought.

Oh and XAlted, I think that's there to compensate for the possibly shitastic spindash. Cue, can you let us know about all the functions and whether they suck or not?

Last edited:
Oh and XAlted, I think that's there to compensate for the possibly shitastic spindash. Cue, can you let us know about all the functions and whether they suck or not?

Seeing how's there's seemingly nothing behind Sonic; I'd assume he could just run up the ramp without the need for a speed booster; even if there was something behind him that halted him he could still walk/jog up it at a slower pace.

Wait wait wait... You got to play the demo before we in America got to?! DAMN YOU, MICROSOFT! AND DAMN YOU, NINTENDO FOR DISCONTINUING THE DEMO SERVICE ON WIIWARE GAMES!

But anyway, I consider the game to be decent. Though I fear I'll agree with Cue. The camera seems like a pull from Sonic Genesis on the GBA, which is bad. If it were a different camera, maybe the Advance camera, or like the Unleashed 2D, I'd have a different thought.

You seem to be implying it's a demo, considering I can skip right through to the end zone at any point (weird stage select, once you complete Z1Act1, you can go to any zone except the boss stages, but you don't have them completed). Also, I have 15/200 achievement points from it already.

The spindash isn't great, but then again neither is the thok, which is barely a shove unless you have something targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back